Subject: "Not that simple" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18280
Show all folders

Not An ImmFri 06-Jul-07 07:27 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
141 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18284, "Not that simple"
Edited on Fri 06-Jul-07 07:52 PM

>> Generally the rule is that if it is a terrain that a thief can hide in then only assassins, duergar, and other thieves can see them. If it is terrain a thief is unable to hide in then only acute vision and assassin detect hidden will let you see them.

I've played a few recent rangers, and this isn't always true.

My caverndweller beastmaster can't see hidden foes in caves, and my mariner hunter couldn't see hidden foes in the water. My plainsrunner explorer, however, could seem to see any hidden chars on most wilderness terrain (although I don't think I ever tested caverns or water), although that may have changed since the explorer was a long time ago.

Granted, these hiding foes are all mobs (and not PC's, since they can't hide here) that should have probably been written to be camouflaged rather than hiding, but it doesn't make sense that there are so many things a ranger can't detect in his own home terrain.

I agree with Aerdica that if there is some specific criteria to seeing hidden foes in the different terrain, it should be documented in the helpfiles, since I don't want to have to play every ranger combination to figure it out on my own. This kind of thing is an important factor to know before you start a character.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAcute Vision [View all] , Aerdica, Fri 06-Jul-07 04:12 PM
Reply RE: Acute Vision, dalneko, 06-Jul-07 06:32 PM, #3
Reply Not that simple, Not An Imm, 06-Jul-07 07:52 PM #4
     Reply I should've clarified then., dalneko, 06-Jul-07 08:56 PM, #5
Reply RE: Acute Vision, Sebeok, 06-Jul-07 05:17 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Acute Vision, Aerdica, 06-Jul-07 05:22 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #18280 Previous topic | Next topic