Subject: "I like this" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #12925
Show all folders

XaannixWed 26-Apr-06 12:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#12990, "I like this"
Edited on Wed 26-Apr-06 12:45 AM

I brought it up a few months ago, I dont think they liked it too much. Well maybe they did but I think it would be time consuming to code. This cabal thing is really old, getting boring. Defend, raid, defend, raid. Repeat. I dont see the point of rping Empire as you said, when you dont really control anything. IT should be called the Evil Empire of Imperial Lands. How can you spread the light as a maran if evil is running rampant.

In my suggestion i also brought up zones of control like outposts and the more you gain the more "influence" you get. IE more responsive/better cabal powers, merchants in those zones sell goods cheaper to your cabal, healers charge lower fees etc. Maran controlled zones should charge exorbitant prices and healers refuse service to scions/empire or all evils.

However, a timer has to be set for people to benefit from conquest or control. You cant just conquer something and expect the subjects to behave ASAP. A cabal war would be just that, you gotta traverse hostile lands and weaken their guard. You can always go for the HQ but the guardians and their powers would be MUCH stronger if they control a lot of outposts.

Yes it would make the game far more dynamic than it is now. I might join a cabal if it has a deeper strategic aspect to raiding besides "Lets prep. Lets gather big huge ganking group. Lets all rush in the cabal HQ and do the same thing that we've done 434950945 times already."

This would have been a lot more fun that item standarization.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOutposts/Improved Pk Interactions [View all] , Agraemas, Tue 18-Apr-06 11:07 AM
Reply benefits...?, Saith, 18-Apr-06 04:30 PM, #1
     Reply RE: benefits...?, Caleban, 18-Apr-06 07:58 PM, #2
     Reply And you will actually feel like you're doing something, Agraemas, 21-Apr-06 09:29 PM, #3
          Reply I like this, Xaannix, 26-Apr-06 12:45 AM #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #12925 Previous topic | Next topic