Subject: "RE: Good idea or purple crack?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #12853
Show all folders

Terwin05Tue 11-Apr-06 03:39 PM
Member since 22nd Dec 2005
124 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12868, "RE: Good idea or purple crack?"

I would be interested in seeing a statistical breakdown on what percentage of the playerbase plays multiple caballed characters at once.

Granted, IP addresses fluctuate and there is no perfect way (short of the oft-reviled registration system) to uniquely identify the players behind the characters.

My playtime is very limited, so I tend to have only one character at a time, and certainly no more than one caballed character at a time. I think much of the playerbase buys into the one caballed character philosophy, and if the results of such a study were positive I think it could be helpful to release them to the playerbase.

Granted, there are some people who spend a great deal of time playing, and have multiple caballed characters, but I have a feeling that number is quite low.

The one thing that gets me though, is when I see a character who has been virtually dormant (for whatever reason) suddenly log on when there are a significant number of allies around. Double plus ungood when said character has lots of top-notch equipment.

I wonder whether a loose policy (honor-system) of one caballed character per player would be able to take hold. I feel like you wouldn't drive anyone away, and the vast majority of players would appreciate it.

As it is, there's just no stated policy.

Thoughts?

T

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTransplanting the hero range question. [View all] , Aiekooso, Mon 10-Apr-06 06:23 PM
Reply Give me a break., Adhelard, 12-Apr-06 02:22 AM, #13
Reply Don't make up facts., Aiekooso, 12-Apr-06 08:02 AM, #14
Reply Basically, everything you said about me was false, Farigno, 11-Apr-06 09:34 AM, #9
Reply RE: Transplanting the hero range question., Valguarnera, 11-Apr-06 08:48 AM, #6
Reply Good idea or purple crack?, Minyar, 11-Apr-06 09:21 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Good idea or purple crack?, Valguarnera, 11-Apr-06 09:27 AM, #8
          Reply RE: Good idea or purple crack?, Terwin05, 11-Apr-06 03:39 PM #10
          Reply Nepenthe it more., Aiekooso, 11-Apr-06 05:42 PM, #11
               Reply RE: Nepenthe it more., Eskelian, 11-Apr-06 07:25 PM, #12
Reply Why do people steal, or lie, or commit adultery?, Eskelian, 10-Apr-06 07:48 PM, #1
     Reply (laughs) What are you, a psychiatrist?, Narissa, 11-Apr-06 02:13 AM, #2
     Reply Er..., Narissa, 11-Apr-06 02:15 AM, #3
     Reply The underdog, Minyar, 11-Apr-06 07:58 AM, #4
          Reply Some people have a very narrow view of fun., Eskelian, 11-Apr-06 08:06 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #12853 Previous topic | Next topic