Subject: "IC notification of rage deletes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #8741
Show all folders

WilhathTue 24-May-05 11:06 AM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8741, "IC notification of rage deletes"

It would be useful if there some kind of gecho showing the rage deletes of those 35ish plus, particularly those in cabals. This has several upsides...

1) If I'm in a position of power, say on the Imperial Council, and somebody below me rage deletes and then reactivates I can't really use their OOC goodbye note on Dio's or this forum punish them for showing weakness. If I have some form of notification IC, though, I can demote their ass. Yes, I'm "old school Empire" enough to demote somebody during their time of weakness.

2) It's an additional deterrent towards rage deletion. It's one thing to be humiliated in front of the person that beat you, ie "Admitting crushing defeat..." it's another for the whole world to know it.

3) It allows characters to talk about the person after they've "gone into hiding." I'm the type of player that won't acknowledge that someone is gone until I see their Battlefield post. But that puts me in an awkward position when somebody posts a Battlefield post and then reactivates a few days later.

I don't really want a list of the recently cowardly, just a one time gecho such that only those will have received word. This at least allows for some kind of dialogue on the matter as those who know pass it on to those who don't.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIC notification of rage deletes [View all] , Wilhath, Tue 24-May-05 11:06 AM
Reply RE: IC notification of rage deletes, Valguarnera, 24-May-05 12:45 PM, #3
Reply I can see that, but..., Wilhath, 24-May-05 01:12 PM, #4
Reply I thought there isn't supposed to be any punishment for..., Theerkla, 24-May-05 11:41 AM, #2
Reply I could see this for at least two categories of players, jasmin, 24-May-05 11:22 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #8741 Previous topic | Next topic