Subject: "Healing curse" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7296
Show all folders

BlobqirtMon 14-Feb-05 10:08 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7296, "Healing curse"

First off, I like the idea of this as a sect leader/emperor power. However I have one major gripe with it, and that is that it is too powerful. The fact that it can stop all healing to the person, no matter how many times they try, is what I have beef with. Granted it should be reasonably powerful as not everyone is able to use it, only two. Yet being able to stop all healing attempts is what I find a little hard to get over.

Let us take, hypothetically, someone in a locked room, a healing curse healer gates to him and proceeds to attack him. Another healing who also opposes the empire healer gates in. The Empire healer then curses both people, and lays down a healing curse on both. At this point it is already over. The healer is unable to heal the person trapped in the cell, as well as themself. All they can do is sit back from the screen and watch themselves die.

My idea involves making healing curse similar to the way in which manacles work now. Instead of having it stop everything everytime what about letting it stop some, if not the majority of healing attempted on the character. Or let healing occur more, yet have it affected by the curse and therefore heal less.

Echos along the line of:

You attempt to heal your wounds but the healing curse overwelms you.

and

Despite your healing curse you manage to heal some of your wounds.

and

You attempt to heal the wounds of PersonNeedingHealing but the healing curse overpowers your attempt.

and

As you concentrate on healing PersonNeedingHealing you manage to feel a weakness in the healing curse.

Something along those lines perhaps.

This is just an idea which I thought I would put out here. Thoughts would be welcome.

Blobqirt

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHealing curse [View all] , Blobqirt, Mon 14-Feb-05 10:08 AM
Reply RE: Healing curse, Khasotholas, 15-Feb-05 06:30 AM, #14
Reply Healing Curse, and a side note, nepenthe, 14-Feb-05 07:45 PM, #9
Reply FWIW, Balrahd, 14-Feb-05 07:52 PM, #10
Reply RE: FWIW, nepenthe, 14-Feb-05 07:57 PM, #11
     Reply I don't think it's THAT bad., Vladamir, 14-Feb-05 08:08 PM, #12
Reply RE: Healing Curse, and a side note, Blobqirt, 14-Feb-05 10:44 PM, #13
Reply Thank you for calling the person out., Vinson Wentzell, 15-Feb-05 06:33 PM, #16
Reply Healing curse is fine., Jhishesh, 14-Feb-05 02:39 PM, #8
Reply Get same saves for $$$ (insert your Deity) sake., NNNick, 14-Feb-05 11:59 AM, #7
Reply I've always thought it was retarded., Vladamir, 13-Feb-05 01:36 PM, #6
Reply RE: I've always thought it was retarded., v_vega, 15-Feb-05 08:38 AM, #15
Reply also regarding natural regeneration, Larshalv, 14-Feb-05 05:31 AM, #5
Reply I vote no. n/t, Xenoroyal, 14-Feb-05 12:05 AM, #4
Reply Its not only empire who deals healing curse...., Tirach, 13-Feb-05 11:39 AM, #3
Reply RE: Healing curse, WhiteRaven, 13-Feb-05 08:47 AM, #2
Reply Vote up!, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 13-Feb-05 06:31 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #7296 Previous topic | Next topic