Subject: "The limitations were not effective in practice" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60365
Show all folders

incognitoMon 17-Aug-15 11:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60370, "The limitations were not effective in practice"
Edited on Tue 18-Aug-15 12:07 AM

Not on that build, at least. I tried:
- hoping it would drain so much mana it couldn't be repeated often. Well, that didn't stop it on this build if so.
- maxing saves. If that did anything it was only to delay it working by a few rounds of spamming it
- going underwater. No good
- going civilised and underground. No good.

There was only one place in the mud where she didn't immediately show up after me, and I think that was probably because she was satisfied with the fight she got after pinning me down, and knew I'd already stripped her maladictions.

Also she didn't need to have fought you first. Or even seen you.

Also worth mentioning that you could give any char detect hidden and then observe that most of their kills were on non hidden chars. The point being it still enables someone to kill people they can't otherwise kill. Not that lilyth didn't kill me without it, but at the time she wasn't even after me. I just happened to be after the same people as her and thus walked into her trap before they did. Having said that, that power was pretty much a death sentence to my build which could otherwise avoid her. Only reason I didn't die was being by a healer when she trapped me, and potentially because someone else unexpected attacked her.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTheriomancy [View all] , Athioles, Mon 17-Aug-15 04:42 PM
Reply RE: Theriomancy, Umiron, 17-Aug-15 05:25 PM, #1
     Reply The limitations were not effective in practice, incognito, 18-Aug-15 12:07 AM #2
          Reply RE: The limitations were not effective in practice, Bemused, 18-Aug-15 12:37 AM, #3
          Reply Putting aside this case, incognito, 18-Aug-15 01:24 AM, #4
               Reply RE: Putting aside this case, Umiron, 18-Aug-15 06:32 AM, #5
                    Reply Ok, incognito, 18-Aug-15 01:25 PM, #8
          Reply RE: The limitations were not effective in practice, Umiron, 18-Aug-15 07:01 AM, #6
               Reply What are the defenses? Slippery Soul?, Murphy, 18-Aug-15 07:06 AM, #7
                    Reply It might be that it works better, incognito, 18-Aug-15 01:27 PM, #9
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60365 Previous topic | Next topic