Subject: "Crazy Idea - Why not consolidate (all) Forums?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #55514
Show all folders

WarrenWed 28-May-14 08:32 PM
Member since 17th Dec 2012
396 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55514, "Crazy Idea - Why not consolidate (all) Forums?"

The playerbase is sufficiently small enough at this point that it makes little sense to further diffuse them across two (or three) separate forums run by two (or three) separate groups.

Originally, as far as I remember, the purpose of having QHCF was because IMM run forums were too strict, and essentially amounted to a tightly controlled regime which stifled the communities ability to have a real discussion/conversation/whathaveyou. QHCF filled that niche along with an active log board, and a nice wiki that was player friendly.

AIM Circles, and IRC will always exist, but it's not the place that new players start out - this website is... which puts them at a HUGE disadvantage, because this website unfortunately, is not the website that a newbie really needs to be on. QHCF is.

Now, IMMS that are also on the 'official' forums, are also on the QHCF forums as moderators, continuing to remove bad posts, and/or sensor posts. This has led to ANOTHER forum, which was once again filling the niche of a place to have real discussion/conversation/whathaveyou.

I see a pattern. Don't you? It's like that scene in star wars where Princess Leigh tells Darth that the tighter he closes his fist, the more systems (people) slip away.. well. That's sorta happening.

Now, I'm not saying that ANARCHY MUST RULE. No. There can be rules, such as no character assassination, or posting logs which out your character, or some such... But wouldn't it be a far better use of resources and/or combined staffing to create a more 'newbie friendly' environment/forum? Perhaps... just perhaps even serve as a start to consolidate the community to just.. have one forum?

I mean, you can post anon on the 'official' forums...even with your current character name... Heck, It might even encourage people to post.

Maybe I'm nuts, who knows. Maybe I'm too optimistic. I'd say this post has a 10% chance of not actually being deleted. Who knows.

Here goes.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCrazy Idea - Why not consolidate (all) Forums? [View all] , Warren, Wed 28-May-14 08:32 PM
Reply re: qhcf imms, robdarken_, 28-May-14 08:03 PM, #8
Reply Classic Rob darken, incognito, 29-May-14 02:11 AM, #11
Reply RE: Crazy Idea - Why not consolidate (all) Forums?, DurNominator, 28-May-14 07:17 PM, #3
Reply RE: Crazy Idea - Why not consolidate (all) Forums?, Daevryn, 28-May-14 06:46 PM, #2
Reply RE: Crazy Idea - Why not consolidate (all) Forums?, Warren, 28-May-14 07:17 PM, #4
Reply RE: Crazy Idea - Why not consolidate (all) Forums?, Daevryn, 28-May-14 07:21 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Crazy Idea - Why not consolidate (all) Forums?, Warren, 28-May-14 07:26 PM, #6
          Reply Are you immune to irony?, Valguarnera, 28-May-14 07:41 PM, #7
               Reply I chuckled., Warren, 28-May-14 07:45 PM, #9
Reply I think these forums simply need, Dallevian, 28-May-14 08:33 PM, #10
Reply Don't believe conspiracy theories, incognito, 28-May-14 04:51 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #55514 Previous topic | Next topic