Subject: "Fortress Inner, transplant from Shok's Forum" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4954
Show all folders

Graatch (inactive user)Fri 25-Jun-04 01:52 PM
Charter member
#4954, "Fortress Inner, transplant from Shok's Forum"

Having fought every inner cabal guardian in the last year other than Outlander (playing tribunal, fortress, battle and empire) I think I have at least a sense of the relative strengths, and potential for cabal member assistance in each case.

I think the suggestion to make the fortress innner, the Watcher, be a two handed dedicant with some virtues is an excellent idea. The destructor has weapons, and knows all seven specs, so there certainly is no problem giving the Watcher a weapon to use. And, like the Destructor, I'd have it randomly change in battle from mace to sword to polearm, etc.

To my knowledge he is the only cabal inner guardian other than the Tribunal who does not in any way maledict. This would allow him to do so. And those maledictions are useful, but not crippling.

It would also make the Watcher more linked to the fortress, as a Maran paladin.

I leave it to those who know the inner workings of the game better than I to determine how many virtues, and which, though as a fighter I'd probably just give him retribution and temperance and maybe fortitude. But that's just off the top of my head. Maybe Hope for some holy strength and to randomly give fortress people standing there everyone that steadfast heart morale boost.

I remember with Drozzhurb and a few others thinking that the Watcher was the absolute weakest of the guardians, as well as the maran outer guardian.

Figured I'd open it up on the main gameplay forum.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFortress Inner, transplant from Shok's Forum [View all] , Graatch (inactive user), Fri 25-Jun-04 01:52 PM
Reply I agree that the maran is the weakest inner guardian bu..., Phaistus, 26-Jun-04 12:40 AM, #10
Reply RE: I agree that the maran is the weakest inner guardia..., (NOT Graatch), 26-Jun-04 01:20 AM, #11
Reply uhm., shokai, 25-Jun-04 09:41 PM, #5
Reply RE: uhm., (NOT Graatch), 25-Jun-04 11:30 PM, #7
Reply RE: Fortress Inner, transplant from Shok's Forum, Valkenar, 25-Jun-04 02:29 PM, #2
Reply RE: Fortress Inner, transplant from Shok's Forum, Straklaw, 25-Jun-04 02:41 PM, #3
Reply I like the idea, permanewbie, 25-Jun-04 02:08 PM, #1
     Reply Agreed., General_Malaise, 25-Jun-04 05:01 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Agreed., Nhiala, 25-Jun-04 10:11 PM, #6
          Reply Understood., General_Malaise, 25-Jun-04 11:35 PM, #8
               Reply Hmmm, Phaelim (Anonymous), 26-Jun-04 12:01 AM, #9
                    Reply I think the comment was made because of this ...txt ins..., Bajula, 26-Jun-04 11:01 AM, #12
                    Reply My train of thought, General_Malaise, 30-Jun-04 09:19 AM, #14
          Reply With Yanaceck, Drag0nSt0rm, 28-Jun-04 03:34 PM, #13
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4954 Previous topic | Next topic