Subject: "It's like George C. Scott said..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36983
Show all folders

HomardFri 21-Jan-11 08:23 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36984, "It's like George C. Scott said..."

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country."

When I played Macaca I defended at The Destructor every damn time and I was con-dead in less than 200 hours. Over the course of this character it became clearer and clearer that Thror (who had recently returned) was coming from a mindset like the one from 'Patton' I quoted above.

Being a 'student of war' does not mean throwing your life away when the odds are totally stacked against you. It means risking your life when you've got a good chance of killing the other guy or driving him off.

In my experience a lone Arial scout who stands at the Destructor vs. two invokers and an AP with lightning-control is just going to make Thror mad. He'd be better off going for a hurl throat at their outer than ending up a corpse in at the Shrine.

Protecting or retrieving the Cabal item should be anyone's priority, but when the odds are super-heavily stacked against you there's no shame (from what I've taken away from Thror's lessons) in living to fight another day.

As for the Ragers ganging:
It shouldn't ever happen unless:
1. The Village is defending.
2. The Village is retrieving.
3. The Village is taking your item.
4. You are a Lich/Mummy.
5. You are a decked AP with tons of charges. (There hasn't been one bad-ass enough in a really long time to warrant a gang.)
6. You attack a group of Villagers.

Obviously it doesn't always work out this way, and sometimes even the best intentioned Villager will have autoassist on and get involved, so don't automatically assume it's douchebaggery (even though sometimes it is just that.)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA few things I've noticed that have changed since what ... [View all] , elmeri_, Fri 21-Jan-11 07:47 PM
Reply RE: A few things I've noticed that have changed since w..., MRSK, 21-Jan-11 11:37 PM, #3
Reply RE: A few things I've noticed that have changed since w..., Isildur, 21-Jan-11 10:27 PM, #2
Reply It's like George C. Scott said..., Homard, 21-Jan-11 08:23 PM #1
     Reply RE: It's like George C. Scott said..., HammerSong, 22-Jan-11 10:15 AM, #4
     Reply Woo-hoo, I figured out 1 aspect of this game., Homard, 22-Jan-11 04:56 PM, #5
     Reply You forgot one, Artificial, 22-Jan-11 08:10 PM, #6
          Reply Heh, yep. nt, Dallevian, 22-Jan-11 10:21 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36983 Previous topic | Next topic