Subject: "A few things I've noticed that have changed since what I remember CF like" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36983
Show all folders

elmeri_Fri 21-Jan-11 07:47 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2004
252 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36983, "A few things I've noticed that have changed since what I remember CF like"

I've been on a hiatus for 2 years or so, and I know some things have changed. While this may seem a bit whiny, (and it probably is), it's only because I'm voicing my opinion about changes I don't like. And I would genuinely like to see discussion on what the playerbase on one hand, and the immortals on the other hand view as the correct etiquette or set of unwritten rules related to these things is. So, here's two things that come to mind, I might add others later:

1) Cabal defense. Is it necessary to defend your cabal. How I remember it, it used to be basicly a requirement of defending your cabal no matter what odds. Back in the day of PK ratios instead of the kill/death counts of these days, PK ratio 100% used to be practically impossible to achieve since every once in a while you would run into a 6 man raid and die defending. These days it seems that even in raids where it's 1 on 1 or w/e, the typical strategy is to strike the enmy outer. I can remember many times 6 or 7 years ago, when I would run for my cabal, just hoping the inner dies before I get there, since the chance of defending succesfully was much smaller than the chance of dying (yet sometimes I did succeed, yay).

So my questions/oppinions for discussion related to 1):
Is it ok to opt for striking the outer instead of defending your inner? I think it's a pretty dumbass policy to make defending irrelevant, when your cabal item is supposed to be important for your cabal. You are not supposed to let the enemy grab your item without a fight, no matter what. In my oppinion.

2) Ragers ganging. Throughout the years there have been innumerable stances on ragers ganging, ranging from no rager gangs in any circumstance being allowed to rager gangs being openly condoned. So questions:

Is it ok for ragers to gang, and in what circumstances. Ok to jump into others fights? Ok to attack after other rager flees? Ok to outright gang down? It would be nice to know just to know what to expect.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicA few things I've noticed that have changed since what ... [View all] , elmeri_, Fri 21-Jan-11 07:47 PM
Reply RE: A few things I've noticed that have changed since w..., MRSK, 21-Jan-11 11:37 PM, #3
Reply RE: A few things I've noticed that have changed since w..., Isildur, 21-Jan-11 10:27 PM, #2
Reply It's like George C. Scott said..., Homard, 21-Jan-11 08:23 PM, #1
     Reply RE: It's like George C. Scott said..., HammerSong, 22-Jan-11 10:15 AM, #4
     Reply Woo-hoo, I figured out 1 aspect of this game., Homard, 22-Jan-11 04:56 PM, #5
     Reply You forgot one, Artificial, 22-Jan-11 08:10 PM, #6
          Reply Heh, yep. nt, Dallevian, 22-Jan-11 10:21 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36983 Previous topic | Next topic