Subject: "Answer" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #26695
Show all folders

JMCCTue 01-Sep-09 09:42 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2007
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26712, "Answer"

Good heroes...Three I think. Serth, Aenthian, and some other shifter a long time ago (I can't keep track of which shifters I played).

I'm not here to make any accusations or attacks. It was simply a question, one which it seems you indirectly have an issue with. If you have some issue with me, then please, feel free to speak out.

As for request, here's how I see it:
1) Goodies can't kill other goodies for eq, thus, request was made.
2) There's a reason behind request lag. From what I speculate, it is so that goodies can't get free eq without risk. If there's something more inherent, I'm not sure - if you are, feel free to enlighten me.
3) People can request as a ghost, thus bypassing that one sole flaw in request.
4) I've seen it, and you've seen it - certain people abuse this bypassing this flaw by purposefully dying (not really a RP thing to do - as it stands with game mechanics currently, the ideal thing) to request equipment. It's kind of like dying at low level, when xp penalty is little, to go get midnight dragon eq or red dragon eq, which the imms closed off. Yes, I know the difference between getting suped up eq at low level and getting suped up eq at high level. But the underlying issue still remains the same - no risk in getting equipment.

If you ever consider how to override these issues, I'll contribute.

I've played muds for a LONG LONG LONG time - over a decade, probably closer to 15 years (especially muds with request). And I've played a significant amount of goods, from quest classes/quest races to leaders in other mud. I just don't find the incentive to in this mud (or maybe it's just I get bored of it nowadays).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPrayer beads. [View all] , Xanthrailles, Mon 31-Aug-09 07:34 PM
Reply Better yet re: Request, JMCC, 01-Sep-09 11:27 AM, #2
Reply RE: Better yet re: Request, Daevryn, 01-Sep-09 01:04 PM, #3
Reply So..., Dwoggurd, 01-Sep-09 01:10 PM, #5
Reply Um, no., Twist, 01-Sep-09 01:30 PM, #6
Reply RE: So..., Aarn, 01-Sep-09 01:49 PM, #7
     Reply An aside though, Nian, 08-Sep-09 01:58 PM, #10
          Reply RE: An aside though, Isildur, 08-Sep-09 02:45 PM, #11
Reply Answer, JMCC, 01-Sep-09 09:42 PM #8
     Reply RE: Answer, Isildur, 01-Sep-09 10:18 PM, #9
Reply Ghost + Sleep = Attack, Zulghinlour, 01-Sep-09 01:09 PM, #4