Subject: "In the interest of injecting freshness" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #23814
Show all folders

BaronMySoul (inactive user)Mon 16-Feb-09 08:28 AM
Charter member
#23814, "In the interest of injecting freshness"

We've had awhile to digest the double xp weekend and its effect. It was a lot of fun.

Imms - Don't you think that something like a double xp day once a month would be beneficial to the MUD as a whole without detracting from the atmosphere you're looking for?

It seemed like a lot of people were:

a) Rolling up classes they normally wouldn't play.
b) Rolling up characters when they haven't played in years
c) Getting to the hero ranks sooner without deleting
d) Newbies were getting a chance to try out heroes.

For those three reasons, I'm a huge fan of double experience time. It brings more people to the MUD in more diverse roles, which in turn makes the game more fun for everyone.

The thing to worry about, of course, is storage characters and hoarding of limited gear. I have a solution for this: Alter the hoarding code to affect IPs with multiple characters to trigger more frequently than those who play single characters at a time.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIn the interest of injecting freshness [View all] , BaronMySoul (inactive user), Mon 16-Feb-09 08:28 AM
Reply RE: In the interest of injecting freshness, Zulghinlour, 16-Feb-09 12:08 PM, #2
Reply RE: In the interest of injecting freshness, BaronMySoul (Anonymous), 16-Feb-09 01:18 PM, #3
     Reply RE: In the interest of injecting freshness, Zulghinlour, 16-Feb-09 01:21 PM, #4
          Reply Well., Dallevian, 16-Feb-09 01:30 PM, #5
               Reply I did as well..., Dragomir, 16-Feb-09 06:06 PM, #8
Reply Read the announcements again. The 25% XP boost with no ..., Scrimbul, 16-Feb-09 11:44 AM, #1
     Reply I seriously, seriously doubt you'll see a bigger boost ..., Scrimbul, 16-Feb-09 03:04 PM, #6
          Reply Meaning, BaronMySoul (Anonymous), 16-Feb-09 03:32 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #23814 Previous topic | Next topic