Subject: "Transmuters and Your Veil" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19629
Show all folders

ScrimbulThu 25-Oct-07 01:25 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#19629, "Transmuters and Your Veil"
Edited on Thu 25-Oct-07 01:26 AM

With regard to all the rather wild speculation surrounding game balance of transmuters at their current state versus melee classes.

Have there been any cases that a transmuter's victory using neuro+one or 2 disrupt spells can be attributed to a thin (or just fairly thin) Veil?

Would thickening the Veil reduce a transmuter's tanking abiliy with Metabolic Quickening and Accelerate, depending on the state of the Veil when the spell is cast?

Would thickening the Veil make it so that you could get the Veil to the point that, while the Neurological Disruption spell itself won't fail, saving against both the spell level and the paralysis would be ridiculously easy?

Would thickening the Veil change Malleability's evasion rate over time, or only when the spell is cast? Does it change the spell at all?

Should the thickness of the Veil itself change whether a transmuter would pick Corporeal Hardening over Malleability, or has it been that transmuter players have considered Malleabiliy in PK and in raids to be the superior option bar none?

Does Metabolic quickening/accelerate affect malleability's success rate? Does it affect Evade with some fixed variable instead of the +dex stat?

I'm trying to approach this from another angle mentally, while I consider what character I want to roll. The line of thinking for me is that I would want a character type that could see/attack duo, but that's not a formal request but rather the direction my mind is going. So a character type for that would be nice, or a suggestion of another way to think about hunting down a transmuter on one's own terms. (Keeping in mind that most muters have cabals that give them options far above and beyond for keeping out of reach of the first strike)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTransmuters and Your Veil [View all] , Scrimbul, Thu 25-Oct-07 01:25 AM
Reply RE: Transmuters and Your Veil, Daevryn, 25-Oct-07 08:05 AM, #1
     Reply You make me feel bad when you say things like this:, TheDude, 25-Oct-07 12:13 PM, #2
          Reply RE: You make me feel bad when you say things like this:, Daevryn, 25-Oct-07 03:47 PM, #3
               Reply But it's a perk, right!??!?, Straklaw, 25-Oct-07 03:57 PM, #4
               Reply Pick narcoleptic too, DurNominator, 26-Oct-07 12:37 AM, #6
               Reply Actually, I'm not certain what happened, TheDude, 25-Oct-07 04:22 PM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19629 Previous topic | Next topic