Subject: "RE: Revisiting elbow and knee" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17536
Show all folders

Some_Random_GuyFri 04-May-07 09:40 PM
Member since 11th May 2005
13 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17682, "RE: Revisiting elbow and knee"

I was thinking the same sort of thing, but I came at it from a slightly different angle. Maybe I've watched one too many UFC fights, but it just bugs me that the greatest hand to hand fighters in the CF world (hand spec warriors) are basically just boxers. I realize that the grappling aspect of unarmed combat would be a pain to code and probably ridiculously unbalancing (the closest things already in the game are the assassin's throw and ground control, which are pretty weak compared to what real grappling represented in-game could be like - imagine a five hundred pound fire giant pinning you down and punching you in the face while you lay there completely immobilized), but the punch, punch, punch, really quick series of punches, punch fighting style just doesn't seem right for the supposed masters of unarmed combat. Besides, lacing your fingers together for a crushing blow seems about as likely to break your fingers as it is to knock someone down, ironhands or no.

I'd really even be satisfied with a mostly cosmetic change that replaced one of your normal fist attacks with a knee or elbow once in a while, though I guess felar might not like that so much.

I guess to a certain extent I can just use my imagination and think of stun as a head kick or pummel as knees delivered from the clinch, but for hand to hand masters to get no real use out of a skill called brawling . . .

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRevisiting elbow and knee [View all] , Not An Imm, Fri 20-Apr-07 12:32 PM
Reply Good idea, Calion, 08-May-07 06:20 AM, #3
Reply RE: Revisiting elbow and knee, Some_Random_Guy, 04-May-07 09:40 PM #2
Reply RE: Revisiting elbow and knee, Ares, 20-Apr-07 01:30 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17536 Previous topic | Next topic