Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17536
Show all folders

AresFri 20-Apr-07 01:30 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2007
41 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17537, "RE: Revisiting elbow and knee"

I definitely like the idea of elbow+knee being automated in combat.

While I'm "Not_An_Imm" either, I think the purpose of these skills is to benefit high intelligence races or high wisdom races with a little bit of extra skills to practice, and get a chance to learn brawling. For a fire giant, it's probably ridiculous to even consider practicing elbow/knee/kick, and I think that's sort of the point. However, for someone who will be using their hands a lot in combat, practicing those three to get brawling might not be such a bad idea.

But even for high intelligence - high wisdom races, these skills still seem sort of "bleh" to have. I think one should be able to spam practice them until they're able to get brawling. Up the requirements to get brawling (i.e. elbow/knee/kick/h2h have to be like 91% instead), and once you get brawling, have elbow/knee and maybe kick be automated in combat, firing off randomly, and not very often. Having that extra 10 hps of damage from an elbow or extra 20 damage from a knee in combat *might* be worth it for that fire giant to spend a little extra time with those skills. It'd definitely up the utility for the high intelligence - high wisdom races.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRevisiting elbow and knee [View all] , Not An Imm, Fri 20-Apr-07 12:32 PM
Reply Good idea, Calion, 08-May-07 06:20 AM, #3
Reply RE: Revisiting elbow and knee, Some_Random_Guy, 04-May-07 09:40 PM, #2
Reply RE: Revisiting elbow and knee, Ares, 20-Apr-07 01:30 PM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17536 Previous topic | Next topic