Subject: "thats why i would restrict it to mages" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15215
Show all folders

laxmanFri 17-Nov-06 01:38 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15227, "thats why i would restrict it to mages"

I could see it working alot like a certain type of flask from a certain area explore. I would restict it to mages because of this fact, just throwing it wouldn't be enough but a mage could release or at the very least activate the magic within the potion before throwing it by channeling magic through it.

I understand a number of potions have stiff drawbacks and thats mostly why i wanted this skill. So many potions go unused as a result of this fact. I would scale spell level of the potion down towards the level of the mage. You could even make it like scrolls or wands and have to be of the same level as the spells in the potion to activate them.

obviously mages still have scrolls, staves, and wands but I see some really cool nifty potion affects that you never see out there like water malison and other various crafty maledictions.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topican idea for potions [View all] , laxman, Thu 16-Nov-06 11:29 AM
Reply How would it work?, Valguarnera, 16-Nov-06 09:26 PM, #5
Reply thats why i would restrict it to mages, laxman, 17-Nov-06 01:38 AM #6
     Reply RE: thats why i would restrict it to mages, Murcadin, 17-Nov-06 01:07 PM, #8
Reply One thing for sure..., Nivek1, 16-Nov-06 08:50 PM, #3
Reply Hell, I know lvl 60 potions., GinGa, 16-Nov-06 09:23 PM, #4
     Reply keep in mind it would just be mages doing it nt, laxman, 17-Nov-06 01:39 AM, #7
          Reply APs too? nt, elmeri_, 17-Nov-06 06:13 PM, #9
               Reply I figured it could be one way to give "true" mages a po..., laxman, 17-Nov-06 08:36 PM, #10
Reply I'd like to see this as an ability for everyone., (NOT Pro), 16-Nov-06 04:15 PM, #2
Reply Why would mages want to throw potions when they can use..., dalneko, 16-Nov-06 02:54 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15215 Previous topic | Next topic