Subject: "an idea for potions" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15215
Show all folders

laxmanThu 16-Nov-06 11:29 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15215, "an idea for potions"

Throughout my time playing this game I have come across a plethora of potions that have nothing but maledictive or harmful affects. Now these already have a niche in the game to add a little danger to trying new potions but I feel for the most part these things just sit there and gather dust.

How about adding the ability to throw potions to mages. I would restrict it to mages and perhaps high level poison thieves just to give them a little bit of an edge. Personally i think it would make a good skill, as you get better at the skill you miss less.

for coolness you could have critical failures where you spill it all over yourself or perhaps hit the wrong target.

I would consider also adjusting level of the potions magic based on the level of the mage, so a level 10 mage isn't getting the full affect of a level 51 power word kill potion. Conversly a hero mage might pump a little extra magic into that level 5 poison potion.

This little addition could add some extra nifty tactics to playing mages and could even introduce entirely new tactics, such as hurling a recall potion at an enemy. (in the case of spells that require trust I would still give a chance to hit enemies with it but give them an extra save or two). Could also be cool to hurl a teleport potion at someone.

conversly you might consider giving thug thieves or someone else a forcefeed skill where they can attempt to get sleeping victims to eat pills or other food stuffs.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topican idea for potions [View all] , laxman, Thu 16-Nov-06 11:29 AM
Reply How would it work?, Valguarnera, 16-Nov-06 09:26 PM, #5
Reply thats why i would restrict it to mages, laxman, 17-Nov-06 01:38 AM, #6
     Reply RE: thats why i would restrict it to mages, Murcadin, 17-Nov-06 01:07 PM, #8
Reply One thing for sure..., Nivek1, 16-Nov-06 08:50 PM, #3
Reply Hell, I know lvl 60 potions., GinGa, 16-Nov-06 09:23 PM, #4
     Reply keep in mind it would just be mages doing it nt, laxman, 17-Nov-06 01:39 AM, #7
          Reply APs too? nt, elmeri_, 17-Nov-06 06:13 PM, #9
               Reply I figured it could be one way to give "true" mages a po..., laxman, 17-Nov-06 08:36 PM, #10
Reply I'd like to see this as an ability for everyone., (NOT Pro), 16-Nov-06 04:15 PM, #2
Reply Why would mages want to throw potions when they can use..., dalneko, 16-Nov-06 02:54 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15215 Previous topic | Next topic