Subject: "Gank-o-meter: How does it work?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #14430
Show all folders

JagaubFri 08-Sep-06 08:45 AM
Member since 28th Oct 2003
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14430, "Gank-o-meter: How does it work?"

I've always been skeptical of the gank-o-meter, since I think that a gang is often a very subjective thing. Then when an imm goes and uses it as ammo in an argument against a character, it makes me wonder about certain scenarios. If you all will please indulge me by answering how the gank-o-meter counts in the following scenarios, I'd appreciate it.

1a. 3 characters are in the same range of an enemy and are grouped together but in different rooms. One of those characters kills the enemy. Does this count as a 1 person kill?

1b. If no, then same scenario as above except that only 1 character is in the enemy's range. Does this count as a 1 person kill?

2a. A warrior and healer, both in range of an enemy kill him, but the healer was never in combat and only healed the warrior. Is this a 2v1 according to the gank-o-meter or a 1v1?

2b. Same question as above, except the healer is out of range.

3. A lone bard sleeps a group of 3 then kills each individually. Is this a 1v3 according to the gank-o-meter, or 3 separate 1v1s? Or is it a 1v3 for the first kill, 1v2 for the second kill and 1v1 for the third?

4. A bard in a group of 3 sleeps another group of 3, then his group kills each individually. Is this a 3v1 3 times?

5. A necro in a group of 2 summons someone from a group of 3 and kills them. Is this a 2v1?

6. The red team and blue team both have 3 members in their groups, all in range of each other. The red team kills each member in the blue team. How is each kill counted? Is it 3v3 for the first, 3v2 for the second and 3v1 for the last? Or is it 3v3 for all three?

7. Generally speaking, do you have to strike the other character to be counted in the gank?

8. Do you have to be grouped with the ally in order for it to count as a gank?

9. Tom is slept by Bob. Jim, Tom's friend, wakes Tom by attacking him and flees. Bob then proceeds to kill Tom. Is this a 2v1 for Bob?

I know it's a lot of questions, but as a programmer I realize how difficult it can be to account ganks correctly. I'm of the mind that the gank-o-meter is heavily skewed against certain classes and is inaccurate for the rest.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGank-o-meter: How does it work? [View all] , Jagaub, Fri 08-Sep-06 08:45 AM
Reply RE: Gank-o-meter: How does it work?, nepenthe, 08-Sep-06 11:10 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #14430 Previous topic | Next topic