Subject: "Food, Boats, Drink Containers and Containers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11315
Show all folders

KastellynWed 14-Dec-05 07:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11315, "Food, Boats, Drink Containers and Containers"

These four items are now "standardized". This does not mean we're done with them, just that, across the board, jerky is jerky is jerky.

Please post here (or email me) with any issues you may have with the change. "The canteen in Balator holds less than half what the canteen in Arkham holds and is twice as heavy." "I bought a whole chicken in Galadon and it only weighed 100 g, but the one in Hamsah weighed 30 lbs." "There are plenty of small and medium containers, but no large ones." These are all good issues.

Some guidelines:

Food

In general, we balanced cost, weight and fill value as follows:

Low Weight + High Fill = High Cost
Low Weight + Low Fill = Medium Cost
High Weight + High Fill = Medium Cost
High Weight + Low Fill = Low Cost

Higher level food costs more, but usually is "better" in some way (less weight per fill value than it's level 1 counterpart, for example). Pretty much all sold food (that isn't progged in some way) should be level 1.

Containers

In general, a knapsack you buy in a shop will be able to hold less weight than a knapsack you find through adventuring. The same holds true for other containers.

The more a container can hold, the more it's going to weigh.

Magical containers have no real rules. These should be pretty difficult to get, but above average (light weight and can hold a lot) containers.

Drink Containers

The weight of the drink container includes the maximum weight of the liquid it is designed to hold. For a given container, it will weigh the same full as it will empty. Not being a coder, I'm not sure how hard it would be to give the contents weight, so I'll hold off on commenting any further on that aspect. I mention it here because I've had a few prays about it.

The more liquid a drink container can hold, the more it's going to weigh.

Boats

In general, we balanced cost, weight and level, with the lighter boats being higher level and more expensive than the lower level and/or cheaper ones. So if you want to buy the lightest boat possible, look for the highest level and most expensive one for sale.

If you find a boat on the ground, odds are it is going to be pretty heavy. And odds are it will be in a place close to a body of water.

Most magical boats will have some type of prog on them that turns them into a boat when you wear them. In other words, they won't be boats when they're in your inventory. We've added a few of these, and will probably tweak them and add a few more as we see the need.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFood, Boats, Drink Containers and Containers [View all] , Kastellyn, Wed 14-Dec-05 07:05 PM
Reply FYI to everyone:, nepenthe, 04-Jan-06 02:09 AM, #15
Reply Think I noticed that....., Tac, 04-Jan-06 08:20 AM, #16
     Reply I concur but.., Caleban, 04-Jan-06 12:03 PM, #17
          Reply RE: I concur but.., nepenthe, 04-Jan-06 01:38 PM, #18
Reply Nankorf is overpriced, DurNominator, 27-Dec-05 06:42 PM, #12
Reply RE: Nankorf is overpriced, Kastellyn, 28-Dec-05 01:40 AM, #14
Reply Few Comments/Questions, Straklaw, 15-Dec-05 04:22 PM, #3
Reply Create Food, nepenthe, 15-Dec-05 04:28 PM, #4
Reply RE: Few Comments/Questions, Qaledus, 15-Dec-05 04:38 PM, #5
Reply RE: Few Comments/Questions, Valguarnera, 15-Dec-05 04:39 PM, #6
Reply RE: Few Comments/Questions, Straklaw, 15-Dec-05 04:57 PM, #7
Reply I forgot markup. That's so embarrassing. (n/t), Qaledus, 15-Dec-05 05:26 PM, #8
Reply From real life experience..., Pendragon_Surtr, 27-Dec-05 10:28 PM, #13
Reply Speak of the devil..., Saith, 15-Dec-05 08:53 PM, #9
Reply RE: Few Comments/Questions, Kastellyn, 16-Dec-05 10:30 AM, #11
Reply If you don't have anything nice to say....., Tac, 15-Dec-05 03:59 PM, #2
Reply RE: Food, Boats, Drink Containers and Containers, Brian S, 15-Dec-05 03:06 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Food, Boats, Drink Containers and Containers, Kastellyn, 16-Dec-05 10:25 AM, #10
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11315 Previous topic | Next topic