Subject: "The Tribunal Problem Rant" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #10529
Show all folders

WildGirlTue 11-Oct-05 03:14 AM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10529, "The Tribunal Problem Rant"

An Outlander buying preps from a store? A maran wearing an evil item because of better damroll? A villager quaffing a potion of return? "That's atrocious!" you'd say, and I would agree 100% if I saw that happening. If they're doing that, why are they even in the cabal? So why on earth do the Tribunal get away with breaking cabal protocol just so they can get a pk?

A lot of nefarious, questionable activity has been going on lately in Tribunal, for whatever reason. Maybe the imms aren't watching closely, maybe they don't care, maybe the tribs are just getting lucky. Who knows? But chasing a noncriminal into town and deliberately killing them. Or warranting a person when they did nothing wrong, summon them into a group and gank them and then not even give them a reason for why they were warranted... that's just insane. For a lot of things that have been happening lately, in the old Tribunal, these offending characters would be booted. I could understand a warning instead of instant-boot, but it seems it happens again, and again, and again. If you're one of these Tribunals reading this, and you know who you are, I'll have you know that most of your enemies want to rage delete.

So, I ask you. Is this fun? Do you like not having anyone to oppose you? Does being in a cake-walk cabal make the game a better place for you? Think about it. The more you gank, the fewer your enemies become, the less imm awards you'll end up getting. When you triumph against the odds is when you get noticed more often.

When you cheat or severely bend the rules just to gain an edge, does this make you a better player? Do you feel better sitting in a gang of four trying to gank a single player that could easily be brought down with a gang of two? In my honest opinion, gangs should be reserved for raiding situations. Three on three gangs are fun, while trying to gain the other cabal's item. Three on one gangs and looking for a way to gain a cheap kill is not fun.

I've played a lot of Outlanders and have been in one cabal or another plenty enough times. We've had the advantage sometimes and not others, so I can claim I don't do it just to play the "winning side". I purposely avoid being part of gangs, which is my style of play. I can understand a two-person gang. A four person one is just ridiculous, especially against someone who is alone, extra-especially if you have two guards for everyone in the gang. So, if the imms won't do anything or watchdog you a little better (because they shouldn't have to), I'll write this to appeal to your sense of decency, fairplay, honesty, and wanting to play a fun game.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicThe Tribunal Problem Rant [View all] , WildGirl, Tue 11-Oct-05 03:14 AM
Reply RE: The Tribunal Problem, Dalteric, 10-Oct-05 03:28 PM, #19
Reply RE: The Tribunal Problem Rant, Murcadin, 10-Oct-05 07:23 AM, #12
Reply My trib experience is, Xaannix, 09-Oct-05 03:14 PM, #6
Reply Well.., DurNominator, 09-Oct-05 06:11 AM, #1
     Reply The issue is, Aiekooso, 09-Oct-05 09:21 AM, #2
     Reply When would an outtie care, I mean except to make fun of..., Tiera, 09-Oct-05 12:41 PM, #3
          Reply RE: When would an outtie care, I mean except to make fu..., WildGirl, 09-Oct-05 01:57 PM, #4
          Reply misinformation., Aiekooso, 09-Oct-05 02:31 PM, #5
          Reply Having played both sides in that war, incognito, 09-Oct-05 04:44 PM, #8
          Reply Trib goodness, nepenthe, 09-Oct-05 11:58 PM, #9
               Reply Ugh, WildGirl, 10-Oct-05 02:24 AM, #10
                    Reply RE: Ugh, incognito, 10-Oct-05 06:12 AM, #11
                    Reply One thing...., Arvam, 10-Oct-05 09:34 AM, #13
                    Reply That was one of the funnest moments in a long time., Aiekooso, 10-Oct-05 10:10 AM, #14
                    Reply There may soon be a return...., SPN, 11-Oct-05 12:46 AM, #22
                    Reply Hahahaha-nt, Granaak, 10-Oct-05 11:12 AM, #15
                    Reply RE: One thing...., WildGirl, 10-Oct-05 01:15 PM, #16
                         Reply I remember getting into Dawn saying that the Maran were..., Theerkla, 10-Oct-05 02:13 PM, #18
                    Reply RE: Ugh, Innis, 10-Oct-05 01:52 PM, #17
                         Reply I'm afraid I'm going to have to respectfully disagree w..., Ymanevin, 10-Oct-05 07:58 PM, #23
                              Reply Your problem is in your expectations of what a good goo..., laxman, 10-Oct-05 10:01 PM, #20
                              Reply Valid questions, Innis, 10-Oct-05 10:38 PM, #21
                              Reply Subthread deleted., Valguarnera, 11-Oct-05 01:00 AM, #24
                                   Reply hey, laxman, 11-Oct-05 03:28 PM, #25
                                        Reply None of what was written revealed anyones past characte..., Ymanevin, 11-Oct-05 05:32 PM, #26
          Reply bellybutton! nt, Splntrd, 09-Oct-05 03:28 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #10529 Previous topic | Next topic