Subject: "Cosmetic changes to this board:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Logs Topic #152
Show all folders

Mek (Guest)Thu 09-Aug-07 11:37 PM

#152, "Cosmetic changes to this board:"
Edited on Fri 10-Aug-07 07:25 AM

Moderator: Restoring original post. Accidentally edited it instead of reply-with-quote.

I think this board would look better if it had these features:

-One solid color instead of the alternating burgundy & black.

-Collapse the threads by default. Show the full threads once the log is clicked on. The effect is that I see a page full of logs, not commentary - that comes after looking at a particular log.

-Change the "topic type" section (which you see at the top of the message box when you post) to include these flags:

*(PK)
*(FIGHT)
*(RP)
and a strange one...
*(DELETE)
The (DELETE) flag can only be checked by using a non-anonymous forum account, and can be done by people reading the log. This would be the one exception to the "fully collapsed thread" thing I mentioned, and its purpose is to get a moderator's attention because something might need to be deleted out of a log.

-Add a check box for "critique welcomed" for those who want pointers about the log they posted. This is a better method than spelling it out every single time, I think.

-To take things to a (cool) extreme, make a formatter with an alignment-based or cabal-based color scheme setting. For instance, if I were making a log of a BattleRager fight (through the eyes of the Rager), the colors could be largely black/red with the standard smattering of colored yells, tells, etc. If it were a Maran log, maybe some combination of blue/gold or white/red. Outlander, green/brown, etc etc. That's a stretch but it could be neat if done correctly.

I doubt any of this will happen, but what the hey.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCosmetic changes to this board: [View all] , Mek (Guest), Thu 09-Aug-07 11:37 PM
Reply RE: Cosmetic changes to this board:, Valguarnera, 10-Aug-07 07:25 AM, #2
Reply I second all these changes. Good ideas. nt, Shams (Guest), 10-Aug-07 05:47 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Logs Topic #152 Previous topic | Next topic