Subject: "Cosmetic changes to this board:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Logs Topic #152
Show all folders

Mek (Guest)Thu 09-Aug-07 11:37 PM

#152, "Cosmetic changes to this board:"
Edited on Fri 10-Aug-07 07:25 AM

Moderator: Restoring original post. Accidentally edited it instead of reply-with-quote.

I think this board would look better if it had these features:

-One solid color instead of the alternating burgundy & black.

-Collapse the threads by default. Show the full threads once the log is clicked on. The effect is that I see a page full of logs, not commentary - that comes after looking at a particular log.

-Change the "topic type" section (which you see at the top of the message box when you post) to include these flags:

*(PK)
*(FIGHT)
*(RP)
and a strange one...
*(DELETE)
The (DELETE) flag can only be checked by using a non-anonymous forum account, and can be done by people reading the log. This would be the one exception to the "fully collapsed thread" thing I mentioned, and its purpose is to get a moderator's attention because something might need to be deleted out of a log.

-Add a check box for "critique welcomed" for those who want pointers about the log they posted. This is a better method than spelling it out every single time, I think.

-To take things to a (cool) extreme, make a formatter with an alignment-based or cabal-based color scheme setting. For instance, if I were making a log of a BattleRager fight (through the eyes of the Rager), the colors could be largely black/red with the standard smattering of colored yells, tells, etc. If it were a Maran log, maybe some combination of blue/gold or white/red. Outlander, green/brown, etc etc. That's a stretch but it could be neat if done correctly.

I doubt any of this will happen, but what the hey.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraFri 10-Aug-07 07:25 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#157, "RE: Cosmetic changes to this board:"
In response to Reply #0

The (DELETE) flag can only be checked by using a non-anonymous forum account, and can be done by people reading the log. This would be the one exception to the "fully collapsed thread" thing I mentioned, and its purpose is to get a moderator's attention because something might need to be deleted out of a log.

The 'Alert' link on posts sends a reminder to any moderators of the forum.

-Add a check box for "critique welcomed" for those who want pointers about the log they posted. This is a better method than spelling it out every single time, I think.

I'd assume that people are encouraged to comment on any log posted, within the standard rules of the forum.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Shams (Guest)Fri 10-Aug-07 05:47 AM

#154, "I second all these changes. Good ideas. nt"
In response to Reply #0

ff

Top General Discussions Logs Topic #152 Previous topic | Next topic