Subject: "RE: n00b Navigation Q's" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #890
Show all folders

HagglerWed 03-Aug-05 10:15 AM
Member since 30th Jun 2005
110 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#895, "RE: n00b Navigation Q's"

Nivek is right. Go figure... but I'd recommend seriously levelling to 11 by yourself. It's not the hardest feat (depending on what class you picked) but the way that I did things, was rank to 11-20 about five times. You can do this in a week or two. Rank up a character with little or no role, delete, rinse and repeat. Do this until you have the low level areas down. Then make a serious character once you can reliably get into the teens and know all of the areas while you do it. Then later you may also be leading the groups while you do it, and you can have someone else in the group take the lead and show you around to more advanced areas when yours expire. After your party disbands, try to walk home alone. I'd carry a few potions in case you get stuck, but this is a good way to learn to navigate. Someone else gets you there, you get yourself back, and then you know the way. While the scrolling text is hard to follow, keep an eye out for the room names as they fly by. If you see "North Road" - "Rolling Foothills" - "Mountains" then it's a pretty sure thing that you're going north to the vale. Head back south to get home and look for those similar areas or rooms on your way.

Anyhow if you stick with it, you'll be running blindfolded and dazzling the newer newbies. Eventually, you 'll just about be doing mazes that way. And truth be told, you may start running through five areas literally blinded to get to a healer that'll cure your blindness so that you don't lose a PK. I've done it enough, and there are people alot more experienced than me who've run from an area past Arkham all the way to the Eternal Star, which is near what is on the old map on this page as Tar Valon, the Ruined City, or what-have-you.

Sidenote: The in-game maps got tweaked not too long ago, and should be incredibly useful if you'll just pay attention to them.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicn00b Navigation Q's [View all] , Babaghanouj, Wed 03-Aug-05 08:42 AM
Reply I used to keep full room descrpitions..., (NOT Pro), 09-Aug-05 05:10 PM, #17
Reply A possibly useful command, SPN, 08-Aug-05 12:13 PM, #11
Reply RE: A possibly useful command, Babaghanouj, 08-Aug-05 02:17 PM, #12
Reply RE: A possibly useful command, Babaghanouj, 08-Aug-05 04:06 PM, #13
     Reply RE: A possibly useful command, SPN, 08-Aug-05 07:37 PM, #14
          Reply RE: A possibly useful command, Babaghanouj, 08-Aug-05 09:59 PM, #15
               Reply I'd reconsider, Haggler, 09-Aug-05 12:36 PM, #16
Reply RE: n00b Navigation Q's, Narissa, 03-Aug-05 10:24 PM, #6
Reply RE: n00b Navigation Q's, nepenthe, 03-Aug-05 08:50 AM, #1
     Reply RE: n00b Navigation Q's, Babaghanouj, 03-Aug-05 08:57 AM, #2
          Reply RE: n00b Navigation Q's, Nivek1, 03-Aug-05 09:04 AM, #3
               Reply RE: n00b Navigation Q's, Babaghanouj, 03-Aug-05 09:25 AM, #4
                    Reply RE: n00b Navigation Q's, Haggler, 03-Aug-05 10:15 AM #5
                         Reply I just want to disagree with one thing., Stunna, 04-Aug-05 09:26 AM, #7
                              Reply RE: I just want to disagree with one thing., Babaghanouj, 04-Aug-05 02:06 PM, #8
                              Reply RE: I just want to disagree with one thing., Haggler, 04-Aug-05 03:31 PM, #9
                                   Reply Having played my first attempt of a char to hero.., DurNominator, 05-Aug-05 02:01 AM, #10
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #890 Previous topic | Next topic