Subject: "Thanks man I seem to have gotten across what I meant for once." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #580
Show all folders

BajulaWed 02-Feb-05 11:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#584, "Thanks man I seem to have gotten across what I meant for once."

I was not intending to blow off or be an ass to immortals, and I wouldn't, if we got called aside, I'd explain what was going on to the other person, and just roll with it.

I have to say the help-files are truly extensive, but though recently it has become much better the newbie channel was rarely any help for the first year or two I played.
Yep the 'gaps' are near insurmountable without either loads of frustration or someone there to guide a person.

(on top of which this person has only even heard of 'mudding' before as a bored country boy sport which involved drunk guys after a recent rain in pickup trucks tearing through corn fields)

I'll take the last sentence as a compliment for not being a dork for once.
(When I first started posting here you tore me a new one more often than anyone else hehe, but I deserved it, just didn't know it then)

Now for my terrible rambling, because well I just can't let a chance
go by.

The person who is going to play (We rolled her a character, but have not played yet, just quit at the gnome because of time) spoke to a
friend of hers and convinced her to play. THAT person played once before, but things were.... not so great for newbies then.
less help, harsh people all over newbie channel. Her hubby and I played and got called aside for our orcs spending too much time together (we didn't after) and since that had just happened we steered
clear of helping her other than trying to encourage and a few icq
back and forths, she got frustrated over not being able to eat bread
*rofl* we had talked her through buying bread in the academy, so when she said she was hungry we told her 'eat bread' she never told us she
had bought a sack and put all the bread in it! So she got mad that eat bread did not work and ended up quitting in frustration.
this was a long time ago and things were less... 'lowbie friendly'.
In any case I don't want to do a large party thing, so I wonder if I can entice her hubby to play and lead his wife through while I lead the other girl through hehe.
Well hopefully we will add two new female players, and maybe bring back a lost soul. muhuhahaha.
Anyone remember the lil assassin Screias? I think that was how it was
spelled, and some demented elven ranger Qwuelliken or something like that.
Well now I just HAVE to play got myself all worked up.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicQuestion about people you meet irl who then want to pla... [View all] , Bajula, Wed 02-Feb-05 02:42 PM
Reply Quick, Important Question -, Straklaw, 12-Feb-05 03:53 PM, #9
Reply Shhhh. Secret information inside., Bajula, 13-Feb-05 02:16 PM, #10
Reply RE: Question about people you meet irl who then want to..., Qaledus, 03-Feb-05 12:44 AM, #5
Reply Cool cool., Bajula, 03-Feb-05 01:41 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Cool cool., Nivek1, 03-Feb-05 08:20 AM, #7
          Reply Ahh, then it won't be a problem :) and thanks -nt, Bajula, 03-Feb-05 10:39 AM, #8
Reply RE: Question about people you meet irl who then want to..., nepenthe, 02-Feb-05 06:07 PM, #3
Reply Thanks man I seem to have gotten across what I meant fo..., Bajula, 02-Feb-05 11:41 PM #4
Reply Some thoughts, DurNominator, 02-Feb-05 04:17 PM, #1
     Reply good ideas., Bajula, 02-Feb-05 04:51 PM, #2
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #580 Previous topic | Next topic