Subject: "RE: Question about people you meet irl who then want to play:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #580
Show all folders

nepentheWed 02-Feb-05 06:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#583, "RE: Question about people you meet irl who then want to play:"

First up, the following disclaimer pre-empts anything I am about to say: If an Immortal pulls you aside and asks you to not do something, do it. Don't try to tell them I said something was okay. I'll trust their judgement at the time based on what they see, and so should you.

That said, I don't personally have a problem with you holding someone's hand through the academy and other very basics of the game. I'm fairly sure we have never site banned someone for helping a level 1 newbie understand the game, even when that breaks character as long as it's in a fashion that's as non-invasive to other players RP experience as possible.

We have a lot of great resources for new players: the newbie channel, our extensive help files, the academy, and more. I suggest you teach any new player about these resources and encourage their use. Nonetheless, despite our best efforts, I can understand that there are gaps between what a newbie really needs to know to get rolling and what we manage to teach them. (You're encouraged to point out those gaps, and we'll redress them as we can.) I think you understand the types of playing that the rules are intended to prevent, and getting a genuine newbie the very basic experiences and information to start playing CF isn't one of them.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicQuestion about people you meet irl who then want to pla... [View all] , Bajula, Wed 02-Feb-05 02:42 PM
Reply Quick, Important Question -, Straklaw, 12-Feb-05 03:53 PM, #9
Reply Shhhh. Secret information inside., Bajula, 13-Feb-05 02:16 PM, #10
Reply RE: Question about people you meet irl who then want to..., Qaledus, 03-Feb-05 12:44 AM, #5
Reply Cool cool., Bajula, 03-Feb-05 01:41 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Cool cool., Nivek1, 03-Feb-05 08:20 AM, #7
          Reply Ahh, then it won't be a problem :) and thanks -nt, Bajula, 03-Feb-05 10:39 AM, #8
Reply RE: Question about people you meet irl who then want to..., nepenthe, 02-Feb-05 06:07 PM #3
Reply Thanks man I seem to have gotten across what I meant fo..., Bajula, 02-Feb-05 11:41 PM, #4
Reply Some thoughts, DurNominator, 02-Feb-05 04:17 PM, #1
     Reply good ideas., Bajula, 02-Feb-05 04:51 PM, #2
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #580 Previous topic | Next topic