Subject: "I'll second this." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4087
Show all folders

KalageadonMon 06-May-13 04:43 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4090, "I'll second this."

This is correct to the best of my knowledge. If you are wearing +stat gear then it will give the bonus regardless of form, human or beast, but the thing that changes are the base stat values ie. your tigers base stats are different than your gnomes. Having said that, not all stats work this way fully.

There are some gray areas in that, +wis gear, for example, will not translate to added practices when you rank in form where as it will if you rank as whatever humanoid you pick ie gnome/human etc.

An example of some of the above could be like if you have +5 str in form you should have base form str with a little (5) next to it saying that you have an overage of +5. If you are hit with a maldict that saps 4 then you still throw out the same damage as you normally would because the str gear prevents damage loss by str but, there are also grey areas in that some skills seem to have more effect on the body than simply -str or -dex. Hurl could be a good example of one of these skills which hurling at someones legs seems to hurt their dodging even if they have max stats otherwise.

Gearing for Hp is still a good idea but +physical stats and saves are also viable options depending on how you like to play.

Disclaimer:
The above is based off of my experience in playing shifters and of course reading lots of gameplay questions concerning things like this.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicStats and shifter forms [View all] , Shift man (Anonymous), Sun 05-May-13 07:04 PM
Reply Don't think that's right, incognito, 06-May-13 03:24 AM, #1
     Reply I'll second this., Kalageadon, 06-May-13 04:43 PM #2
     Reply Explicitly:, vargal, 06-May-13 05:43 PM, #3
     Reply hitroll/damroll does not carry over either., DurNominator, 07-May-13 12:54 PM, #4
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4087 Previous topic | Next topic