Subject: "Okay, I appreciate the advice" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4004
Show all folders

Discouraged (Anonymous)Mon 11-Feb-13 07:11 AM
Charter member
#4013, "Okay, I appreciate the advice"

Still seems like there are those critical thresholds that make a mage really start to fire on all cylinders in their given range. I wasn't really suggesting power ranking to hero, exactly, but it's like with transmuter you really want to get to where you can duo and with invoker you want to get your shields, right? Not sure about conjurer because I have no experience, but guessing there's some angel or demon or whatever that just starts kicking ass and until you have it you just aren't quite as tough.

Granted there's always the grass is greener with that next skill or spell (and you keep getting into tougher competition), but even still. When you're sitting a few ranks away from what seems like that threshold for a long time, getting whooped and feeling stalled out, it gets tough. Then when you prep up for what you hope to be a good fight with an axe wielding warrior and then step out to get one rounded, a person can get a bit discouraged.

But I appreciate what you're saying. If they don't like me, go beat em down. And in the mean time, practice and focus on RP. Alright I'll keep at it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicReally trying to make a mage work [View all] , Discouraged (Anonymous), Sat 09-Feb-13 09:43 PM
Reply Hang in there, highbutterfly, 11-Feb-13 07:16 AM, #5
Reply RE: Really trying to make a mage work, Daevryn, 09-Feb-13 10:41 PM, #2
Reply I agree with literally every word of this post., TMNS, 09-Feb-13 10:55 PM, #3
Reply Okay, I appreciate the advice, Discouraged (Anonymous), 11-Feb-13 07:11 AM #4
     Reply Join a newbie friendly, active cabal, Rayihn, 11-Feb-13 08:51 AM, #6
     Reply Muter, incognito, 11-Feb-13 12:11 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Okay, I appreciate the advice, Daevryn, 11-Feb-13 07:18 PM, #8
     Reply I agree with this, Kamuela_, 12-Feb-13 12:46 AM, #9
          Reply I soloed an invoker to 25 without difficulties., TMNS, 12-Feb-13 04:41 PM, #11
     Reply I played a reviled transmuter that had 50 PKs before du..., TMNS, 12-Feb-13 04:39 PM, #10
Reply RE: Really trying to make a mage work, been there (Anonymous), 09-Feb-13 10:01 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4004 Previous topic | Next topic