Subject: "Elaborate a little?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3967
Show all folders

Vokster (Anonymous)Wed 02-Jan-13 12:43 PM
Charter member
#3970, "Elaborate a little?"

I've yet to be a PKing machine with any character, but I'm working my way toward it very slowly. I can see how invokers would be good given you can exploit most character's weaknesses. I get suprising people and I'm getting better at that.

But can you elaborate a little on not tanking. I see a couple of options...

1) Run around and gang people down with a warrior or healer or whatever taking the front. Not really an option for me.

2) Surprise them when they're fighting mobs or other characters. Okay, that's possible (sometimes).

3) Use some kind of mercenary/construct.

Others that I'm missing? Right now if I see a warrior coming after me I'm likely to expect to get my ass handed to me. Maybe if I get the first attack against an arial with lightning bolt, I may be able to overpower him but chances are probably not based on my experience thus far. I get hit too much and taking 2-4 MUTILATES/MANGLES in a round in the mid ranks means a pretty quick death.

Is #3 a viable strategy and if so, could someone elaborate a little bit on the range of options and strategies. I'm aware of the constructs that one can purchase but I don't really have a great understanding of how to use them most effectively (or what they can do).

For example, do you run in, cast a high damage spell, and have them rescue you? Or are there some that will bash or trip, etc. that are more useful in other ways? Any thoughts on using mercenaries (or thoughts on if that's even a viable strategy) would be much appreciated.

Also, bonus question: Those orbs/flames, etc. that are for sale in the guild-- do they help with learning or do they increase the damage of a spell? Or something else?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSome tips on trying an Invoker? [View all] , Vokster (Anonymous), Tue 01-Jan-13 07:57 PM
Reply Could someone describe the greater shields?, Vokster (Anonymous), 06-Jan-13 07:58 AM, #7
Reply This is far from complete, but., Homard, 06-Jan-13 10:13 AM, #8
     Reply RE: This is far from complete, but., Elerosse, 06-Jan-13 01:17 PM, #9
Reply My invoker wasn't very successful, but I learned a lot., Homard, 02-Jan-13 03:36 PM, #5
Reply RE: Some tips on trying an Invoker?, Daevryn, 01-Jan-13 08:07 PM, #1
     Reply Elaborate a little?, Vokster (Anonymous), 02-Jan-13 12:43 PM #2
          Reply RE: Elaborate a little?, Akresius, 02-Jan-13 01:16 PM, #3
          Reply Do any invoker spells lag your victims?, Vokster (Anonymous), 16-Feb-13 11:02 AM, #11
               Reply Pebble to boulder and avalanche, Mort, 16-Feb-13 11:30 AM, #12
                    Reply RE: Pebble to boulder and avalanche, Daevryn, 16-Feb-13 03:32 PM, #13
                         Reply Of the spells then, which is the best fallback?, Vokster (Anonymous), 16-Feb-13 05:55 PM, #14
                              Reply RE: Of the spells then, which is the best fallback?, Mort, 16-Feb-13 07:25 PM, #15
                              Reply Iceshards when you are fighting 1 opponent. Forked ligh..., Shapa, 28-Feb-13 08:18 PM, #17
          Reply Some answers, TMNS, 02-Jan-13 02:05 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Elaborate a little?, Daevryn, 03-Jan-13 11:34 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Elaborate a little?, Isildur, 06-Jan-13 06:06 PM, #10
          Reply Actually I've found invokers to be great for PKing at l..., KaguMaru, 16-Feb-13 08:12 PM, #16
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3967 Previous topic | Next topic