Subject: "Great post, that." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #394
Show all folders

nepentheSat 10-Apr-04 10:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#406, "Great post, that."

One thing I'd like to put in two cents more on:

This concept simply means that your character does what her role dictates.

This is something that, though seemingly simple, does trip a lot of people up. If you're a paladin, your role doesn't have to be about killing evil (there are a lot of different ways to approach that class.) However, if it does, I should see you out killing evil... or at least, trying your damnedest.

The phenomena that originally drove PK tracking was numerous characters that swore up and down they were the scourge of the mud and had butchered their enemies countless times... and hadn't. Ever.

Likewise, if your character doesn't believe in killing, his/her actions should reflect that, as well.

That principle applies to all roles, not simple those that are especially murderous or non-murderous. There's no greater player-RP joy for me as an administrator than a player who makes an atypical choice in a typical CF situation because it's what their character would do, even or especially when I can tell their instincts as a player tell them to do something else.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRole playing help [View all] , Laghail, Tue 06-Apr-04 01:10 AM
Reply If I might add..., Bajula, 10-Apr-04 12:57 PM, #8
Reply Comprehensive RP Help (LONG), Zefarah, 09-Apr-04 09:13 PM, #6
Reply This is an excellent post. Stickied! (n/t), Valguarnera, 09-Apr-04 10:10 PM, #7
Reply Great post, that., nepenthe, 10-Apr-04 10:05 PM #9
Reply Yay, someone mentioned one of my favorite char developm..., Meladori, 10-Apr-04 10:24 PM, #10
Reply RE: Role playing help, Straklaw, 06-Apr-04 05:39 AM, #4
Reply a sensible post, incognito, 06-Apr-04 04:31 AM, #3
Reply RE: Role playing help, Romanul, 06-Apr-04 03:30 AM, #2
Reply My tips., Cerunnir, 06-Apr-04 02:04 AM, #1
     Reply RE: My tips., Laghail, 08-Apr-04 12:23 PM, #5
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #394 Previous topic | Next topic