Subject: "Good question" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3870
Show all folders

AmarantheSun 19-Aug-12 07:38 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3877, "Good question"

I've played several MUDs through the years, and CF is only one of two MUDs I've continued to come back to (and of the two, CF is the more satisfying.) My reasons:

- One of the few MUDs that has both mandatory roleplay and compulsory PK participation. (You don't have to do either much, but insofar as that OOC communication is prohibited in-game, and there is no mechanic to opt-out of PK.)

- The most viable MUD I have played in terms of replayability. Each class is unique, and most classes have unique builds within the class to make each character a different gameplay experience. Add to this cabal and religion opportunities, and every character is a novel experience.

- Character turnaround. A swift leveling process and a culture that promotes eventual character termination (usually by deletion, but if not by deletion than by age or con death) keeps new stories and characters rolling through the MUD on an ongoing basis. Add to this the policy of no OOC communication, and you have a social dynamic that never gets stale (or when it does get stale, people delete and make new characters.)

- Quests and exploration have just expanded through the years to the point where there's almost always something new to see.

- Immortal staff that remains involved (sometimes more than others) through RP interaction and running human-run quests for memorable experiences and rewards. (Some MUDs have a strict hands-off policy when it comes to staff interacting with players.)

- Remains 100% free

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicjust curious [View all] , sandbox, Wed 08-Aug-12 09:26 PM
Reply As far as I can tell it's the only MUD still worth play..., KaguMaru, 15-Sep-12 06:35 AM, #6
Reply Good question, Amaranthe, 19-Aug-12 07:38 PM #5
Reply risk and reward with appropriate boundaries nt, Dallevian, 10-Aug-12 09:12 AM, #4
Reply risk and reward with appropriate boundaries nt, Dallevian, 10-Aug-12 09:12 AM, #3
Reply Having tried a few myself., Batman (Anonymous), 09-Aug-12 04:09 PM, #2
Reply Depth of Experience., Homard, 08-Aug-12 10:05 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3870 Previous topic | Next topic