Subject: "This" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3827
Show all folders

AmarantheFri 11-May-12 10:24 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3830, "This"
Edited on Fri 11-May-12 10:36 PM

I wouldn't object to Eryn Galen, Darsylon, Tir-Talath, etc. Of course, some Outlanders (both immortals and mortals) will take the anti-civilization thing to a greater degree than I do, but as a key voice in designing the cabal's philosophy, I can clarify that the philosophy doesn't demand everyone live like animals. It is natural for intelligent species like the player races of CF to use tools, create shelters, and even form societies to the level of towns/villages.

Think of a place like Tir-Talath as a farmer co-op that uses alternative energy sources, locally-grown organic produce, and has a great recycling program, while a place like Galadon people eat pink slime, use Styrofoam coffee cups and drive SUVs.

In CF terms, stay away from using resources in any Tribunal-protected cities or towns with a theme relating to earth-exploitation (like Akan which runs on a mining operation), and you're good. Outlander isn't about being totally anti-civilization - it's about reigning in a civilization that has gone too far and has sickened nature. Where *you* are willing to practice as a character depends largely on your RP, but the cabal's philosophy has room for options.

As for training, there are actually two NPCs at the Refuge that are trainers.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOne outlander question [View all] , Newbie (Anonymous), Thu 10-May-12 12:10 AM
Reply Answer, DurNominator, 10-May-12 05:58 AM, #2
Reply This is a pet peeve of mine for other Outlanders, Rogue, 10-May-12 12:53 AM, #1
     Reply This, Amaranthe, 11-May-12 10:36 PM #3
          Reply All guildmasters are now trainers as well. nt, Artificial, 11-May-12 10:54 PM, #4
          Reply As mages I would also add HtoS and as a martial class, ..., Abernyte, 22-May-12 09:39 AM, #5
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3827 Previous topic | Next topic