Subject: "~Maybe~ bug? lost equipement under unique condition" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2066
Show all folders

deadramTue 11-Dec-07 09:25 AM
Member since 11th Dec 2007
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2066, "~Maybe~ bug? lost equipement under unique condition"

I stress the maybe for this. And I don't expect (and to a degree, even want) to have ANY items replaced. Anyways... would this classify as a bug?

Steps:
1) die
2) go to your corpse, and pick up all items
3) have the server crash (it was around 9am EST, Dec 11; I'm 99% sure it was a crash)

Unfortunately I don't have any logs, but the crash occurred very soon (within seconds) of picking all my items up. When the server came back online my corpse was still at the same location, I was a ghost at the same location as my corpse. My inventory was empty (except for a set of keys I had picked up as a ghost on my way back to my body). My corpse was empty. I also checked the pit at my alter, but nothing showed up there. I'm guessing there was a save when I died, another once I got to my body, but before I picked up my junk. It's a ~maybe~ bug, because all the items that normally litter the ground were gone, perhaps items in PC corpses arn't saved intentionally.

Either way, I felt that these presumably rare conditions at least merited further discussion. If any mods feel this post should be moved/deleted, feel free. As I'm very new to the game I figured I'd tread lightly and put it in newbie.

--
echo -en "deadram:\t" ;for NAME in "Neaph" ; do echo -ne $NAME; done;

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic~Maybe~ bug? lost equipement under unique condition [View all] , deadram, Tue 11-Dec-07 09:25 AM
Reply Crashes are a part of the game., oero, 16-Dec-07 07:38 PM, #2
Reply RE: ~Maybe~ bug? lost equipement under unique condition, DurNominator, 11-Dec-07 11:29 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2066 Previous topic | Next topic