Subject: "RE: new to carrionfields, new healer" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1877
Show all folders

anewhealerSun 19-Aug-07 03:45 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1884, "RE: new to carrionfields, new healer"

Thank you for the responses. I may have come off sounding whiny, maybe you even think I expect the gods to be hooking me up at every step of the way.

At this point I think it's fair to say I've spent half of my time in the game reading help files. After the considerable time that went into creating my character and getting through the academy (making my description and choosing a sphere) I found I was still sitting somewhere resting my feet looking through help files.

Yes, I did see "SEE ALSO EMPOWERMENT, .." mentioned. I didn't look at it because by that point I wanted to do some exploring, actual playing I'm sure. By the time I read the helpfile I had already chosen a sphere, leaving me feeling very frustrated:
" Yes, we will sometimes grant empowerment to those who follow a sphere without a god.."
" Those who wish to follow this route be warned; only ultra-elite roleplayers will be granted clerical powers."

There's just too much to look at and read. If I hadn't noticed the difference between my available spells and my available spells to be practiced, I probably wouldn't have figured it out yet. I just think it could be a lot more straightforward. If you want to label me S-L-O-W, that's fine, but I know I could have been a lot S-L-O-W-E-R .

Anyway, thank you all for the ideas and suggestions. I will take them into consideration as I explore CF areas and establish my character.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicnew to carrionfields, new healer [View all] , anewhealer, Sun 19-Aug-07 07:30 AM
Reply RE: new to carrionfields, new healer, Falstaff, 19-Aug-07 02:00 PM, #4
Reply RE: new to carrionfields, new healer, Lyristeon, 19-Aug-07 11:12 AM, #3
Reply Ahhhh, Beer, 19-Aug-07 02:11 PM, #5
Reply As an aside, Leprechaun, 20-Aug-07 07:12 AM, #7
Reply RE: new to carrionfields, new healer, Zesam, 19-Aug-07 09:53 AM, #2
Reply RE: new to carrionfields, new healer, Rodriguez, 19-Aug-07 08:20 AM, #1
     Reply RE: new to carrionfields, new healer, anewhealer, 19-Aug-07 03:45 PM #6
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1877 Previous topic | Next topic