Subject: "RE: new to carrionfields, new healer" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1877
Show all folders

LyristeonSun 19-Aug-07 11:12 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1880, "RE: new to carrionfields, new healer"

While I can understand your desire to play a healer, the help files for empowerment clearly state that empowerment classes are not recommended for someone new. There is a reason why this mud has lasted so long as a truly free mud. You can't buy the powers you crave here. You can't buy empowerment. You have to earn it. At character creation, this warning is stressed there again. Carrion Fields has a steep learning curve. That is one of the reasons why CF has been around so long and isn't going anywhere any time soon. If it becomes too easy or too repetitive, there is no point in playing anymore. Auto-walkers do not work in CF. Sure, there might be a few who use it to get from one specific point to another, but, all it takes is one attacker amidst that run and you will probably wind up dead. I have played this game for 13 years now and I can run from just about any starting point in any major city to an ending point in any other major city blindfolded. And I am not alone.

I highly recommend a warrior, assassin or ranger to start with. They survive well, are wanted for grouping and at the lower levels, most folks just leave them alone because they really don't have to do much to kill someone.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicnew to carrionfields, new healer [View all] , anewhealer, Sun 19-Aug-07 07:30 AM
Reply RE: new to carrionfields, new healer, Falstaff, 19-Aug-07 02:00 PM, #4
Reply RE: new to carrionfields, new healer, Lyristeon, 19-Aug-07 11:12 AM #3
Reply Ahhhh, Beer, 19-Aug-07 02:11 PM, #5
Reply As an aside, Leprechaun, 20-Aug-07 07:12 AM, #7
Reply RE: new to carrionfields, new healer, Zesam, 19-Aug-07 09:53 AM, #2
Reply RE: new to carrionfields, new healer, Rodriguez, 19-Aug-07 08:20 AM, #1
     Reply RE: new to carrionfields, new healer, anewhealer, 19-Aug-07 03:45 PM, #6
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1877 Previous topic | Next topic