Subject: "Thought I'd cover the profession part" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1773
Show all folders

GinGaSat 30-Jun-07 09:17 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1775, "Thought I'd cover the profession part"

Exotic weapons are things that don't really fall into other catagories - a scepter might be too haft-heavy for a mace. A net isn't really anything. A dragon's claw? Okay, wtf do I do with a floating orb?!?

All these things sort of fall under the realm of 'exotic'. For this reason, no one class can be said to use them better. Obviously, if you're combat-orientated it helps but it's the exception rather than the rule. These weapons are so varied and uncommon it's impossible to 'class' them in any way.

That said, there is a niche out there for those who love Exotics. If you train as a warrior, until you're able to get legacies then 'The Hour Past Midnight' is a legacy all about using Exotic weapons and their associated skills. Warriors who train in this secret of secrets, master strange weapons and are able to pick them up and figure them out in no time. Great fun and really interesting from a tactical point of view. One of our all-time biggest pkers (Marcus) used it to great effect when many people thought it was a bit of a junk legacy!

I definetly recommend experimenting. The exotic skills really kick in when you get them up to about 75%-100%. Then, they start getting interesting

Yhorian

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicExotic Weapons [View all] , ryanorion, Fri 29-Jun-07 06:02 PM
Reply Another Question:, Rodriguez, 30-Jun-07 02:25 PM, #3
Reply Did you expect to 'entangle' with a claw?, GinGa, 30-Jun-07 03:51 PM, #4
     Reply No, but maybe ripping with one dragon claw would be the..., Rodriguez, 30-Jun-07 04:04 PM, #5
          Reply It is, Theerkla, 30-Jun-07 04:12 PM, #6
          Reply Thanks /nt, Rodriguez, 30-Jun-07 04:18 PM, #8
          Reply Rip is rip is rip., DurNominator, 30-Jun-07 04:13 PM, #7
Reply Thought I'd cover the profession part, GinGa, 30-Jun-07 09:17 AM #2
Reply RE: Exotic Weapons, DurNominator, 30-Jun-07 12:51 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1773 Previous topic | Next topic