Subject: "this advice is generally accurate but I'll add to it" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #164
Show all folders

incognitoWed 11-Jun-03 05:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#166, "this advice is generally accurate but I'll add to it"

You can, if you wish, perfect every skill. That said, perfecting every skill requires an investment of your time.

You have to decide whether that investment pays off. I would argue that you will become a better player if you don't bother perfecting skills at first because you can use that time learning:

tactics - by fighting a lot (even though you'll die a lot)
the world - eg where to find useful equipment, how to use the terrain to suit you etc.

When you delete a character, those 100%'s are gone. They might have benefitted you by helping to keep you alive to learn other things, but I myself believe that area knowledge and tactics do this better than 100%s.

When you have the area knowledge and tactics, you'll be able to decide for yourself whether you personally consider it worthwhile spending time perfecting skills. Some do, some don't. I would say though that 100% parry with a bad choice of weapon will probably be less effective than 80% parry with the optimum choice of weapon.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow many levels can you attain? and about skills [View all] , Tielek, Wed 11-Jun-03 05:32 PM
Reply I'll try to be helpful, at the worst some correct me., Beer, 11-Jun-03 05:40 PM, #1
     Reply this advice is generally accurate but I'll add to it, incognito, 11-Jun-03 05:58 PM #2
     Reply RE: I'll try to be helpful, at the worst some correct m..., Little Timmy (Anonymous), 16-Jun-03 08:19 AM, #3
          Reply COSIGN nt, Racli, 19-Jun-03 01:27 AM, #4
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #164 Previous topic | Next topic