Subject: "Help understanding death result" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1553
Show all folders

LundMon 18-Dec-06 12:53 PM
Member since 15th Dec 2006
21 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1553, "Help understanding death result"

Hi,
I'm delighted by how death is handled on this MUD. I find I have a question on a specific detail. Here's what the help doc says:

"When you die, your experience will reset to the amount needed for the current level plus (100 multiplied by your level)."

Should that word "plus" actually be "minus"?

When I died, my "ntl" percentage (not the counter but the percentage in parentheses) was negative. I took that to mean my experience points had dropped slightly below what I needed for the level I currently was. Which is how I would read the help text above, if it said "minus" instead of "plus" - do you see what I'm asking?

I continue to be delighted. I just want to understand this game dynamic.

Oh - another great thing about death. I was just reading in the help docs that dying via PK doesn't reduce your experience points at all! I love you guys.

Peace,
Lund

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHelp understanding death result [View all] , Lund, Mon 18-Dec-06 12:53 PM
Reply RE: Help understanding death result, Tiatan, 18-Dec-06 02:09 PM, #2
Reply RE: Help understanding death result, DurNominator, 18-Dec-06 02:04 PM, #1
     Reply Wow. Thank you for the super-detailed answer! <nt>, Lund, 18-Dec-06 04:18 PM, #3
          Reply There is a newbie guide in the help section., DurNominator, 19-Dec-06 12:02 PM, #4
               Reply Printed with gratitude. <nt>, Lund, 19-Dec-06 01:49 PM, #5
                    Reply The manual is more or less gathered from game helpfiles, DurNominator, 19-Dec-06 03:26 PM, #6
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1553 Previous topic | Next topic