Subject: "Read the files about Cabals and Religions" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1296
Show all folders

CorrlaanWed 31-May-06 08:01 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1303, "Read the files about Cabals and Religions"

Most characters (I said Most..not all) start out their lives with a general 'direction' they want to move in. Like..I want to uphold the Law, or I want to fight Eeevil!. It's sort of like growing up the son of a blacksmith, your probably going to end up a blacksmith.

What you are going to end up with if you roll a neutral who will be swayed by the events of his life is a character that seems to just pick sides at a whim. Or someone who uses his/her neutrality to play both sides until he chooses which will benefit him. The latter sounds like a neutral thief..and is a very viable option. It's definitely not against any particular rules but it's not an easy road like others have said.

That being said. Your first character will probably not be your swan song character that people will remember until the end of time. Roll up a neutral warrior, or thief and get in there! See how things operate and how to play the game. You are most likely going to plow through a few characters before you get a groove and really become successful so I think you'd have much more fun getting in there and playing as opposed to over-planning your first character.

Just my opinion.

Corrlaan

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicQuestion on alignment/ethos change [View all] , Taros, Mon 29-May-06 08:37 PM
Reply RE: Question on alignment/ethos change, Valguarnera, 29-May-06 08:46 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Question on alignment/ethos change, Taros, 30-May-06 06:43 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Question on alignment/ethos change, nepenthe, 30-May-06 07:30 AM, #3
               Reply RE: Question on alignment/ethos change, Taros, 30-May-06 01:39 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: Question on alignment/ethos change, Mylinos, 30-May-06 03:00 PM, #5
                         Reply RE: Question on alignment/ethos change, Taros, 30-May-06 03:35 PM, #6
                              Reply Read the files about Cabals and Religions, Corrlaan, 31-May-06 08:01 AM #7
                                   Reply RE: Read the files about Cabals and Religions, Taros, 31-May-06 11:26 AM, #8
                                        Reply RE: Read the files about Cabals and Religions, Mylinos, 31-May-06 11:54 AM, #9
                                        Reply Thanks again, herald does sound like an interesting cho..., Taros, 31-May-06 12:11 PM, #10
                                        Reply Good choise, DurNominator, 31-May-06 01:39 PM, #11
                                             Reply I endorse your assassin post wholly. Good advice for an..., Nightshade, 01-Jun-06 07:21 PM, #12
                                             Reply RE: Good choise, Taros, 01-Jun-06 07:48 PM, #13
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1296 Previous topic | Next topic