Subject: "Quick Question (Learning to PK)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1200
Show all folders

TriloSun 12-Mar-06 11:24 AM
Member since 11th Feb 2006
14 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1200, "Quick Question (Learning to PK)"

Before my question, a bit of background info:

I've been playing for maybe six months now, and so far I'm really enjoying the game. I'm familiar with roleplaying, but very new to CF and mudding overall.
I've searched the forums for tips when it comes to PK'ing, which I'm lousy at, and the opinions I've seen have pretty much been in agreement with each other. Don't worry too much, you'll suck at the beginning, just enjoy the game, which is what I've been doing.
The one problem is, it's hard to take a character anywhere really meaningful when dying is a daily occurence. I was thinking that people learn by doing, etc etc etc, and was considering rolling up a "PK learning character", much in the spirit of the "exploration characters" people seem to also make a fair bit when they're new.

I'd still roleplay, of course, the character would probably be some type of evil warrior, someone who would have an excuse to be a jerk when it comes to PK'ing. I just might not take the character's RP into the depth I would with a normal character, as with me playing it, it wouldn't last more than a few weeks until death.

Before I roll the character up though, I was wondering what the reaction of the imms and playerbase would be to it. Would a character geared more towards learning to PK be frowned upon as exceptionally poor roleplaying, or would it be a more-or-less normal thing for a new player to do? If it's a type of character everyone hates, then of course I wouldn't make it.

Thanks very much.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicQuick Question (Learning to PK) [View all] , Trilo, Sun 12-Mar-06 11:24 AM
Reply Agressive killer type? If anything you'll blend in a b..., Nightshade, 13-Mar-06 03:09 PM, #6
Reply RE: Quick Question (Learning to PK), Muuloc, 13-Mar-06 01:58 AM, #5
Reply RE: Quick Question (Learning to PK), nepenthe, 12-Mar-06 02:57 PM, #4
Reply One way is to go caballed., DurNominator, 12-Mar-06 02:31 PM, #3
Reply Well, Theerkla, 12-Mar-06 11:48 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Well, Trilo, 12-Mar-06 12:01 PM, #2
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1200 Previous topic | Next topic