Subject: "Another Great Way to learn your way" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1050
Show all folders

CorrlaanMon 28-Nov-05 05:36 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1052, "Another Great Way to learn your way"

Well first off without giving any 'super secret' info away. If you talk to Simon in the Academy he'll send you on a little trip which involves many of Thera's more travelled places. Performing these tasks will give you quite a good idea of the entire landscape of Thera. Or at least the main ones.

Another great way is to ask some of the higher characters. Hang out at the Inn and listen to people talk about places and then chime in with. How do you get there? or...What is it like there, I've never been. In Character roleplay is a great way to find your way to some pretty interesting places. Want it to be even EASIER?? Roll up an elf and ask some high level elf/storm/obviously goodie characters. It will be much easier than asking around as a nasty duergar or dark-elf.

Other than that the only common problem I have had with the maps is that sometimes in my mind I think of west as right and east as left. I think this is mainly because I learned how to get around without maps..so when I look at maps..it confuses me. I have in the past sat down and drawn rudimentary maps on paper to help me. Kept them near the computer and referenced as I needed them. Kind of a throwback to my 'Choose your own Adventure Books' days.

Hope you get the hang of it.

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicStupid Newb question time... [View all] , NeokataCF, Mon 28-Nov-05 03:20 PM
Reply Kinda depends on the map, Tharena, 29-Nov-05 06:55 AM, #4
Reply They are pretty general... not so much exact..., Saith, 28-Nov-05 07:30 PM, #3
Reply Another Great Way to learn your way, Corrlaan, 28-Nov-05 05:36 PM #2
Reply I find this funny., Odrirg, 30-Nov-05 11:07 AM, #5
     Reply I didnt notice until I imm'ed, Corrlaan, 30-Nov-05 09:18 PM, #6
Reply RE: Newb question time..., Valguarnera, 28-Nov-05 04:37 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1050 Previous topic | Next topic