Subject: "RE: Newb question time..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1050
Show all folders

ValguarneraMon 28-Nov-05 04:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1051, "RE: Newb question time..."
Edited on Mon 28-Nov-05 04:37 PM

One thing that can trip you up is if you aren't using a fixed-width font like Courier in whatever application (see 'help client') you use to play the game. If you're using a font (like Times New Roman) where different letters have different widths, the columns won't line up properly, and it'll look like a mess.

Quite a number of maps are available cheap in either the Academy, or the map shops in the larger towns. In addition, you can use the outfit command to recoup your basic set of maps, which will include the 'large-scale' maps of eastern and western Thera that show how areas connect.

If you're still having trouble getting from place to place, 'help newbie3' and 'help galadon guild' are full of handy directions for low-level characters.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicStupid Newb question time... [View all] , NeokataCF, Mon 28-Nov-05 03:20 PM
Reply Kinda depends on the map, Tharena, 29-Nov-05 06:55 AM, #4
Reply They are pretty general... not so much exact..., Saith, 28-Nov-05 07:30 PM, #3
Reply Another Great Way to learn your way, Corrlaan, 28-Nov-05 05:36 PM, #2
Reply I find this funny., Odrirg, 30-Nov-05 11:07 AM, #5
     Reply I didnt notice until I imm'ed, Corrlaan, 30-Nov-05 09:18 PM, #6
Reply RE: Newb question time..., Valguarnera, 28-Nov-05 04:37 PM #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1050 Previous topic | Next topic