Subject: "Gaunts" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #91468
Show all folders

ScrimbulSat 27-Mar-10 10:55 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#91472, "Gaunts"
Edited on Sat 27-Mar-10 11:00 PM

My gaunts were regular normal gaunts. I didn't have planar abduction, just made them hooded, which is why you had so much trouble, likely that one time you decided to melee it down was the one time you were still stacked with holy-progging gear. Planar abduction is fairly useless to me as it adds some HP, but not enough for it to go toe to toe with rager berserkers, and it doesn't fix how easy they are to avoid or kill because they are fragile despite their high HP.

That watch that teleports you to a random location on another continent is BS though, and needs to be removed from the game. It nerfs the capstone servitor, and you really should have to do more work to avoid nightgaunts, at the very least change your hometown to something inconveinient, not spend 2000 gold per 1-3 free teleports to the past and never have to worry about them again.

I actually had fun with the character but I got tired of being the only one willing and able to raid against the overpowered Outlander inner, and I figured out the hard way that non-scion Orderly conjurers have an ascending power wall they hit wherein there is nothing they can do against ragers without using demons and A/B/S. I figured this out mainly from butting heads with Droma, realizing she had the pincersvirf gold standard build and that there was nothing I could do to fix it since all my servitors were larger than her. If I could have found my sleeks, I would have used a hasted morosa or harmentia demon or something, but I was admittedly the laziest mage ever for looking for sleeks since you just flat don't need them as a primary devil user. She would eat a full wither and still have enough stats to fight me, which I felt there was something seriously wrong with.

I also got real tired real fast of Fortress and Outlander coordinating to attack me while despite being evil I only ever attacked wanted people, Outlanders and Ragers, beyond retributive attacks, and there were Imperials logged in to kill. Still, people like Thaneln and other folks would intentionally try to be petty and get me kicked out of the cabal. Devian almost succeeded, but trying to garrote a lesser ice devil has to be one of the least brilliant binder thief moves I've ever seen in recent memory.

Devil A.I. also turned retarded anytime I had to fight someone with heavy dam redux and wouldn't trend toward rot and plague, while it frequently wasted time on non-damage moves on unprotected targets. I can only think of making Thaneln flee twice, and only once was it because it actually used unholy word.

My goal wasn't to be lethal, I mostly wanted to see how helpful scrying spells were and how difficult they are to perfect, and I figured the Vindicator, whoever it turned out to be, would have the most use for them. I learned that it's more or less possible to perfect them as an evil with little or no help but only if you use a devil and know where to get resist mental and have a small pile of gold on hand. Adept of Scrying is useless, you need to go all the way to master for it to have a discernable effect.

I also didn't get my role XP till the 40's and had to enter the role contest to make that fact known, knowing I wouldn't win. Just found that interesting since people chargened after me were getting it.

To all the people who full sacced me whether I deserved it or not, especially Ferynufeia who rerolled a bard for the same cabal and proceeded to act the exact same way: Keep on trucking. I don't mind being fulled and happen to think it's part of the game, but at some point you're going to piss off someone more skilled than me who doesn't care if you have chameleon or grand nocturne. Likely one of those Imperials who already are well aware of how you behave since I told them.

Also, reboots don't save corpses but crashes do. Who knew.

I deleted also because midway through this character I was fired from my job for a #### vague reason (presumably so they didn't have to pay unemployment) after they hired a new person behind my back and I have about a month to find a new one.

All the #### aside it was probably the most fun I've had playing Tribunal in some time. I asked the Provost to keep me in Hamsah and didn't really care if I got a second look or not.

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy

HOT Locked Topic(RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Firiel the Planewalker, Magist... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 27-Mar-10 05:52 PM
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [TRIBUNAL] Firiel the Planewalker, Ma..., Ageryn (Guest), 27-Mar-10 07:31 PM, #1
     Reply Gaunts, Scrimbul, 27-Mar-10 11:00 PM #2
          Reply If you think it is ####, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 28-Mar-10 02:16 AM, #3
          Reply ...Because it's teh ghey?, Scrimbul, 28-Mar-10 03:21 AM, #4
          Reply That's the whole point, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 28-Mar-10 06:23 AM, #5
               Reply And, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 28-Mar-10 06:26 AM, #6
               Reply RE: And, Ageryn (Guest), 28-Mar-10 12:21 PM, #10
               Reply RE: That's the whole point, Scrimbul, 28-Mar-10 12:22 PM, #11
                    Reply That's just stupid, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 28-Mar-10 01:45 PM, #13
                         Reply I already do., Scrimbul, 28-Mar-10 06:26 PM, #14
          Reply RE: If you think it is ####, Daevryn, 28-Mar-10 09:17 AM, #8
          Reply RE: Gaunts, Ageryn (Guest), 28-Mar-10 08:59 AM, #7
          Reply RE: Gaunts, Scrimbul, 28-Mar-10 12:21 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Gaunts, Ageryn (Guest), 28-Mar-10 12:26 PM, #12
          Reply Jesus, Triphitndip (Guest), 29-Mar-10 01:14 AM, #15
          Reply RE: People we can do without., Valguarnera, 29-Mar-10 07:43 AM, #17
          Reply Man, that's exactly the reason, Gorach-ee (Guest), 29-Mar-10 08:02 AM, #18
          Reply RE: People we can do without., Drogal (Guest), 29-Mar-10 08:04 AM, #19
          Reply Yeah same here., Trip (Guest), 29-Mar-10 12:22 PM, #22
               Reply Wouldn't he be going off your IP address?, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 29-Mar-10 04:21 PM, #28
                    Reply RE: Wouldn't he be going off your IP address?, He cant be. (Guest), 29-Mar-10 04:25 PM, #29
          Reply RE: People we can do without., Trip (Guest), 29-Mar-10 12:20 PM, #21
          Reply Addendum, Trip (Guest), 29-Mar-10 12:34 PM, #23
          Reply RE: Addendum, tngni (Guest), 29-Mar-10 01:13 PM, #24
               Reply Good thing it on Valg to clear it up., Trip (Guest), 29-Mar-10 01:14 PM, #26
          Reply Wow, you can't even not lie when you try and come off s..., TMNS_lurking (Guest), 29-Mar-10 04:29 PM, #30
          Reply You mean Taruksil? Check above nt, That Guy (Guest), 29-Mar-10 04:43 PM, #31
          Reply Already mentioned him., Trip (Guest), 29-Mar-10 04:55 PM, #32
          Reply RE: People we can do without., Daevryn, 30-Mar-10 01:28 PM, #35
               Reply What 'appropriate' log are you even talking about?, Trip (Guest), 30-Mar-10 01:58 PM, #36
                    Reply RE: What 'appropriate' log are you even talking about?, Daevryn, 30-Mar-10 02:17 PM, #37
                    Reply I got the same line from some duergar warrior named, Pro (Guest), 30-Mar-10 02:50 PM, #38
                    Reply Yeah... Ill own up to that for sure., Trip (Guest), 30-Mar-10 07:03 PM, #40
                         Reply RE: Yeah... Ill own up to that for sure., HammerSong, 30-Mar-10 08:24 PM, #41
                         Reply Whas Tarukasil a Duergar warrior in Empire?, Pro (Guest), 30-Mar-10 10:45 PM, #42
                    Reply RE: What 'appropriate' log are you even talking about?, Isildur, 30-Mar-10 03:28 PM, #39
          Reply I love accountability! -nt-, Mek (Guest), 29-Mar-10 01:14 PM, #25
          Reply Fernufeyia? nt, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 29-Mar-10 04:12 PM, #27
          Reply I <3 you Trip., Scrimbul, 29-Mar-10 07:35 PM, #34
          Reply Hand to hand helps after those big withers..., Droma (Guest), 29-Mar-10 06:27 AM, #16
          Reply Well done., Marin (Guest), 29-Mar-10 12:07 PM, #20
               Reply I liked you., Scrimbul, 29-Mar-10 07:01 PM, #33
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #91468 Previous topic | Next topic