Subject: "Valkyneth Ayvileth the Dark Composer of the Elemental O..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89904
Show all folders

AdrigonWed 13-Jan-10 11:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
158 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89904, "Valkyneth Ayvileth the Dark Composer of the Elemental O..."

Valkyneth was actually on a break (I'm on holiday in australia for 6 weeks - surfing is the ####!) and then actually back one week and then thailand for 2 weeks, and so he stepped down from the position of Provost to Provincial to later assume the role of Vindicator once my I returned from my holidays (gotta keep finding challenges Yean style).

So it was definetly a bummer to see that we've all been wiped. But perhaps for my part it was for the best, may have been troublesome to get back into the character later. I don't think so but I tell myself that (;.

Ironically I created Valkyneth with the intention of doing something that lasted long. Things were going really well towards that end, didn't die much once I was leadered and I gained that leader thing pretty early. The invoker class is not something new to me, but the tribunal cabal is somewhat (only one previous tribunal - zerael). So beccause of that there were a few dodgy situations that occured that I solved to the best of my knowledge.

I kept with the promotion system that was introduced by my predecessor whose name eludes me at the moment. I think it works well, and if possible someone should perhaps code something to assist it. I know imperials see donations and marans see kills to evaluate members, but Tribs only see the city currently assigned so that's not alot of help. Maybe atleast time on duty (roughly) and possibly an estimate of number of criminals killed? Just a thought.

Valkyneths role was that music and magic were very similar. And as his mother has sought and found perfection in singing Valkyneth sought it in his magic. The difference was that the effect was not so much emotional as physical. That strive for perfection that Valkyneth had he tried to apply to the cities. A city could be perfect just as a song could be played perfectly. Kind of hard to describe but I think you get my drift (:

Every now and then as a tribunal you find a whiner who really doesn't want his flag. I wish I saved a list of those characters. Man are they annoying. Especially outlanders that complain about flagging. Way to be a whimp. Man up. Jesus. I dont think I will play another tribunal for quite some time due to that. Very possibly an outlander though once I get back to cold old Sweden.

The wonderful thing about the invoker class is that even though I've played numerous I keep thinking of new strategies. I think with Valkyneth I better understood the use of iceneedles among other things, especially on druids. Outlander having windwalk and marans having the mantle kept my quicksands pretty inefficent though.

GOODBYES

Yean: You inspired me. I don't think there's a better word for it. You found the engine in Valkyneth and you shifted it into motion. I had the fire to ice ritual finished the day after you tatted me, but we never got to interact again, sadly. I was really curious what the tattoo did (that I couldn't do with my magic already, hrm). I did get a funky echo in combat once ... but nevermind let's not discuss it here. Your interactions were equally chilled out as they were intellectually entertaining. I was not reguriating old help files, you had me seriously thinking. I must recommend everyone who reads this to follow her.

Marcatis: That one time when I was about to uninduct Asthania for not immediately going to retrive the scales but then held off at the last moment and you told me that had I done it, it would have had serious effects for me - that cracked me up. Not in character though but as a player (:

From that point I had great respect for your calmed attitude and ease of interacting. It is a pity that things transpired the way they have. I believe we could still have much more fun.

TRIBUNAL

Mizze: We actually did some ranking up together and even at the very end we were still trucking, occasionally side by side. A rare thing to be sure. I think you died a bit too much in your earlier days as a Vindicator but then you seemed to kick it up a few notches. I liked your no fuzz attitude and just get stuff done.

Tiamat: Our interactions were limited. I came to you with the obvious intent to gank. I had SOME STUFF that I carried from killing the other dragons. Unfortunately I had no idea what to do with it and you quickly made short work of us. Regretably it seem we won't be doing another dance.

Lamanee: I inducted you and followed you through the ranks, including your promotion and so forth. Your attitude shifted between very calm to an almost world of warcraft-esque gnome thing. Liked you though and you are competent with warriors. Appreciate how you taught Ventdunord a few tricks.

Ventdunord: The wind of the North. (: Next time choose a name more fantasyish yeah? I could tell you were a newbie, but at the same time you made alot of effort. So what do I reward, do I reward achivements or do I reward ambition? I was hesistant but in the end I nominated you provincial though we never had the talk. I notice Marcatis upped you anyway. Good luck with your next one man, I hope you learned something from Vent (such as preps and well timed lag).

Artenno: You played an excellent Neltouda follower. Flamboyant and entertaining we could have done some excellent exploration together. You should have requested to step down from the duty as Provost when your playingtime got limited, not deleted. Could have had good old Tiamat down.

Asthania: To be quite honest I really despised you at first. I got some kind of 'victim' vibes off you that really rubbed Valkyneth the wrong way. I was really close to uninducting you that one time but then you went on and participated in the retrival and all was good. I think you would have made a good justiciar (maybe you got promoted to it?).

There were alot more tribunals and some of you had interesting takes on the law and why to be a tribunal. I love how cabals can be so defined to work in way X for some people but in way Y for others. Being a leader and interviewing all applicants always shows me that.

OUTLANDER
Yaniyule: Pre-hero I wasn't very stable. Didn't have A/B/S nor any decent armor, and so you were difficult. I believe you killed me once or twice or even more there. But then at hero you kept bringing it and I was more prepared to deal with it (longevity bracelets for the inevitable rot for instance). We had some great fights though. Really epic stuff and I have some of it logged that I'll post in the beginning of march. Whenever you were around I knew things were going to get shaky and I loved it. I tried to fight you in the wilds at times but that was really troublesome.

You are the kind of player that keeps CF fun for everyone. My hat is off to you.

Fezzle: I always thought the Shizzle when I saw your name. You were an interesting presence and seing now that it was Dwim playing him that makes alot of sense. (: Generally our tactic would be to force alot of damage on you to get rid of you and then try to kill the others. At times this was efficent, at other times not so much.

Outlander bards: There were like 3 or 4 of you who all seemed pretty much the same. You were dangerous enemies to be sure and whomever we killed in a raid who then followed us back to Galadon and eventually fiended us when I was down at like 200 hps and unprepped as we were killing a storm giant for our necromancer - well done.

SCIONS
Tinsalaop(sp?): I would have loved a war with Scion. The rest of the Spire would perhaps not but I would. Partly beccause of Yeans religion and partly beccause Outlanders were not being much of a presence. I assigned the conjurer case thing to Lamanee who was working on it (not fast enough I know!). At the same time it was clear to me you had abandoned respect for the city laws and that did not weigh heavily in your favor. You were an interesting foe and I suppose you showed us evil conjurers can be played? I don't know - I failed miserably with my handful of attempts. I did manage to kill Kep once or twice when you were wanted and that felt like a small victory. I would have loved some more fights, especially with conscription as a finisher move which I think would have been key (if you were forced to flee combined with devil behaviour).

THE REST
I liked interacting with the lot of you and I've forgotten heaps. I have been drinking constantly for two weeks now so that is a contributing factor.

NOTABLE PREVIOUS CHARACTERS:
Khratetch, Chancellor of Scion
Haratzi, Chancellor of Scion
Vanakoth, Dread Lord
Kresh, Dread Lord

And so many many more. Peace out and thank you Zhulg and the rest of the immstaff for your wonderful work!

Kind regards,
Oskar aka Karnif or adrigon

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicValkyneth Ayvileth the Dark Composer of the Elemental O... [View all] , Adrigon, Wed 13-Jan-10 11:46 PM
Reply You were a very solid Provost, Artenno (Guest), 18-Jan-10 10:41 AM, #8
Reply My first tattooed mage!, Yean, 15-Jan-10 05:44 AM, #3
Reply I remember in Haratzis death thread ..., Adrigon, 15-Jan-10 09:15 PM, #4
     Reply Haratzi sounded familiar..., Yean, 16-Jan-10 10:41 AM, #7
Reply I was actually considering to move Lamanee towards fall..., Lamanee (Guest), 14-Jan-10 10:55 AM, #2
Reply RE: I was actually considering to move Lamanee towards ..., Adrigon, 15-Jan-10 09:19 PM, #5
Reply I'm okay with that reputation :), dwimmerling, 14-Jan-10 09:29 AM, #1
     Reply Areas of Expertise, Adrigon, 15-Jan-10 09:26 PM, #6
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89904 Previous topic | Next topic