Subject: "I really didn't want to do this" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8721
Show all folders

Falax (Guest)Sun 25-Aug-02 11:33 PM

#8722, "I really didn't want to do this"

But I had no choice. (Damn this post ended up being long and probably boring to everyone but me. Read at your own risk, or just skim the goodbyes.) I loved Falax. I havn't had a character I enjoyed so thoroughly in a good 3-4 years. If anyone noticed, I stopped playing 4-10 hours a day about a week ago. The reason being that I'm a freshman at college now. I gave it a week, but I've already got a girlfriend, classes, and I'll be getting a job shortly. It just wasn't going to work. If I had stayed, it would have been 1-2 hours a week, and I just don't feel right playing like that.

When I'm single again in the summer, I'll try to roll up another warrior, but until then it just doesn't look feasible.

Falax was my highest ranked character, and first to break 150 hours. I had quit mudding a while ago but I had a friend that wanted to try Carrionfields so I agreed to help him learn.

I don't know why I agreed, because I was a newbie to carrionfields too. After Falax I think I've graduated from that status. I've for coming up on 6 years this fall, but I've spent very little of that on carrionfields. That's probably apparant in some of my logs.

Anyway, I'm rambling, so I'll get on with it.

Scion was fun. It was amazing. I, as a player, get off on pking, and there was no shortage of it. That 57% pk ratio is with ~40 deaths. I rolled for Scion and spent 80 hours solo ranking to 23, mastering. There I met Owagwyn and Vilazisar, and roleplayed with them in the mists. It was fun, by level 29 I was in Scion with 16 solo pks and 0 deaths. Some immortal give me the title, "Falax the Feral Warrior," and I was so elated. I had just written my role (which I'll put at the bottom) and I was so thrilled to be recognized. Then things started going sour, Scion was definately the underdog. My first death was to Ral and Ghraloch and I think one other thief. The first but not last time that trip/cheap shot killed me.

I had hoped to do some exploring, always hearing about Hell and other cool areas, but the way it worked was just as fun, I'm sure.

Urden: It's been a long time since I've had respect for anyone the way I had respect for Urden. When he was around, we won. No ifs, ands, or buts. No matter what the odds were, we always managed to kill someone. Not only that, but he treated me with respect as well. I got the feeling that Urden actually looked forward to seeing me on as well. And to get that feeling from someone so much more experienced than you is really heart warming. Urden was also one of the few people I could roleplay with.

Gales: We learned a lot together in the low ranks, it was fun. I'm convinced there's a morale - on me automatically when we group.

Dahr: What can I say. You asked me to help you learn how to play here, and in less than 3 months it was you who was teaching me things. Thanks.

Rovgilok: I was looking forward to fighting with you, I really was. Kick some ass for me.

Dullameh: That time when we talked...I was desperately in need of a roleplaying fix. Thanks for providing it.

Aljern/Dranolian: Thanks guys for the induction and interaction when I was new.

Alaenyth: I liked you, I don't know why.

Myndee: You were a real newbie, but you were willing to learn and that made you likeable.

Quimo: I appreciated you so much. You listened unquestioningly and were exceedingly willing to learn. I liked you a lot for that.

Other Scions: For the most part you were worthless. Lowbie pkers who just wanted a nightwalker to augment the pk ratio. There are exceptions, and you know who you are.

Battle:

There's a lot to say here.

Owagwyn: You're awesome. When you offered me your recommendation for Battle in Barovia I was this close to taking it. My last kill netted me a sack full of preps which I had already used. You were 5 game hours too late.

Bryvac: I killed you a couple times when you were younger, but you figured things out.

Gruktik: Fucking scum, you're a loser.

Esile: You seemed tougher than your combo would indicate.

Martinian: I asked for a 1-1 fight with you, you came with a group. I don't like you.

Kirshaw: You were cool. I was willing to fight you, even if I knew I'd lose.

Uzkar: Thanks for that fight we had together, it was fun.

Yror: Sorry about looting you on the last kill with Urden. It's not my style but I had to do it.

Gyasi: If I was flying, I could kill you afk. Otherwise, ouch.

Ghraloch: You seemed like a sissy to me. You said you only remembered fighting me in groups, but I can say the same thing to you.

Any other rager: I probably liked you. You're a good bunch.

Warlocks:

Finduthilas: We had some fun times. I'm glad I finally got that kill on you. You were a real challenge for me, but you only really killed me when I was totally unprepared.

Maran:

Aliera: Your entire strategy was find a paladin/shaman to summon for you while you bashed/legswept.

Karhon: You fulfilled the shaman position for Aliera. I'm glad I killed you once.

Others:

Doriah: I really don't like you. You came off as a 1-dimensional asshole, nothing more.

B....dwarf shaman guy: You waited at the pit and looted me after I died from a teleport. What an ass.

Kalisaille: Thanks for helping me out when I needed it.

If I forgot anyone, let me know and I'll say something.

I loved Falax. I loved the character. If you see a warrior scion running around in the future with an insane amount of preps, you can guess who I am. By the end of Falax's life I had potions and pills for aura, shield, protection, stone skin, haste, flight, heal, remove curse, cure poison, resist fire, recall, and teleport on me most of the time. A prepped warrior can be a scary thing. Unfortunately, a lot of those I just found towards the end of my life and I didn't get a single fight in with every one of those preps. Next summer, I hope. Oh, and the only reason I didn't hero was the storm paladins I was below at rank 49. Cheesy, but you do what you have to do.

Here's the info on the character:
Falax the Field Marshall
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 49 Sex : male Race : felar
Ethos : Neutral Align : Evil Class : warrior
Practices: 8 Trains : 0 Hometown : Galadon
Exp : 468829 To Level : 30271 Sphere : Combat
Hit Point: 520 /915 Mana : 374 /444 Move : 744 /770
Str : 17(6 ) Int : 17(17) Wis : 19(19)
Dex : 23(16) Con : 14(14) Chr : 16(16)
Carry # : 6/28 Weight : 24 lb 15 oz (Max 202 lbs)
Gold : 0 Silver : 0 Copper : 18
Wimpy : 0 hp Morale : Low Position : Standing
Hitroll : 23 Damroll : 20
AC pierce: 32 Somewhat armored AC bash : 32 Somewhat armored
AC slash : 32 Somewhat armored AC magic : 41 Slightly armored
vs Spell : Somewhat protected vs Paralysis : Barely protected
vs Breath: Not protected vs Petrification: Not protected
You are specialized in mace.
You are specialized in spears and staffs.
You grip your weapons with the Fist of the Titan.
You retaliate against strikes through the Flow of Shadows.
'bless' modifies save vs spell by -14 for 60 hours.
Commune: 'bless' modifies hit roll by 7 for 60 hours.
Spell: 'aura' modifies armor class by -30 for 17 hours.
Commune: 'armor' modifies armor class by -20 for 13 hours.
Physical malady: 'disrupt bone' modifies dexterity by -6 for 7 hours.
Physical malady: 'disrupt bone' modifies strength by -6 for 7 hours.
Physical malady: 'wither' modifies strength by -5 for 7 hours.
Spell: 'corporeal softening' for 7 hours.
Skill: 'berserk' modifies armor class by 24 for 3 hours.
Skill: 'berserk' modifies damage roll by 9 for 3 hours.
Skill: 'berserk' modifies hit roll by 9 for 3 hours.

My weapons and legacies work very well...if I had to do it again I'd have chosen Incardine Wave instead of Flow of Shadows, but Flow was nice too and saved my life more than once.

You are using:
<worn on hindpaws> rear-claw extensions
<worn on forepaws> a pair of razor-sharp front claw extensions
<wielded> a wooden walking staff

charge 100%(100%) axe 100%(100%)
dagger 87%( 77%) flail 90%( 80%)
mace 100%(100%) polearm 100%(100%)
spear 100%(100%) sword 100%(100%)
staff 100%(100%) whip 75%( 65%)
bash 100%(100%) berserk 95%( 85%)
dirt kicking 100%(100%) disarm 100%(100%)
dodge 100%(100%) enhanced damage 100%(100%)
hand to hand 100%(100%) kick 81%( 71%)
parry 100%(100%) rescue 77%( 67%)
trip 100%(100%) second attack 100%(100%)
third attack 100%(100%) fourth attack 100%(100%)
offhand disarm 80%( 70%) shield cleave 1%( 0%)
pugil 100%(100%) lash 1%( 0%)
fast healing 100%(100%) haggle 81%( 71%)
meditation 100%(100%) recall 100%(100%)
nightwalker 83%( 73%) lore 1%( 0%)
warcry 83%( 73%) shield block 76%( 66%)
dual wield 100%(100%) nightfist 86%( 76%)
legsweep 75%( 65%) drive 75%( 65%)
parting blow 85%( 75%) feint 100%(100%)
boneshatter 92%( 82%) drum 1%( 0%)
dent 75%( 65%) deflect shield 75%( 65%)
backhand 76%( 66%) cranial 99%( 89%)
leverage 84%( 74%) misdirect 90%( 80%)
crescent 100%(100%) impale 100%(100%)
spin 100%(100%) retreat 77%( 67%)
dash 75%( 65%) pen 1%( 0%)

|639hp of 915hp | 720mv of 770mv | 30236 tnl desc
Your description is:
A rather non-descript creature, this felar lacks distinguishing marks of any
sort. His fur is dull and gray and far from possessing the glossy shine that
more self-conscious felars covet. His eyes are a pale yellow, lacking luster
and the spark of mischief so often seen. His incisors are slightly yellowed,
rounded to a dull point at the tips, and the left is slightly chipped. For
all his pedestrian traits, there is something about his gait and the way he
carries himself that almost suggests there is something more to him than
appearances suggest.

|639hp of 915hp | 720mv of 770mv | 30236 tnl role
Your role is:
Added Sun Jul 28 22:54:39 2002 at level 23:
Dedication. Patience. Combat. These are the three principles
on which Falax builds his life. His dedication to molding his
his body into a deadly instrument is virtually unsurpassed.
Sacrificing opportunities to forge allies in a world that offers
no forgiveness for those who strike out on their own, he fights
battle after battle with only a spear for company. His patience
persists where that of others falters, desiring power and fame,
but resisting the temptation of now for the rewards of later.
And in combat he excels above all else, for it is his one true
pleasure. The thrill of the hunt, the bloodlust of the kill,
these are both instincts to the felar race, yet they are
repressed by most in this modern age.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Falax the Field Marshall [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 25-Aug-02 10:44 PM
Reply I really didn't want to do this, Falax (Guest), 25-Aug-02 11:33 PM #1
     Reply RE: I really didn't want to do this, Owagwyn (Guest), 26-Aug-02 12:09 AM, #2
     Reply RE: I really didn't want to do this, Urden, 26-Aug-02 12:17 AM, #3
     Reply Error Correction and Addendums:, Falax (Guest), 26-Aug-02 12:40 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Error Correction and Addendums:, Rovgilok (Guest), 26-Aug-02 01:41 AM, #6
     Reply Heh, Ulthur, 26-Aug-02 06:48 AM, #8
     Reply Good Luck on your next, Finduthilas (Guest), 26-Aug-02 12:57 AM, #5
     Reply Ghraloch the sissy, Abernyte, 26-Aug-02 03:14 AM, #7
     Reply You'll be back before next summer, you'll find a way.n..., Varlys (Guest), 26-Aug-02 09:26 AM, #9
     Reply txt, Garlinthas (Guest), 26-Aug-02 10:43 AM, #10
     Reply I can't believe you left me out., Valarath n/t (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:08 PM, #11
     Reply RE: I really didn't want to do this, Yror (Guest), 26-Aug-02 04:09 PM, #12
     Reply RE: I really didn't want to do this, Falax (Guest), 26-Aug-02 07:24 PM, #13
     Reply Farewell!, Quimo (Guest), 28-Aug-02 10:04 AM, #14
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8721 Previous topic | Next topic