Subject: "RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster of Battle" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7698
Show all folders

TaithinMon 15-Jul-02 01:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
151 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#7700, "RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster of Battle"

Having thought so much like Intronan's religion before it came in, then trying to enhance it at the end....I love how fitting it is that with the passing of the day, so passes Rhuean. As Thror said that they'd hope that extra con would keep me alive longer...Rhuean would go a week without dying once, or he'd just get slaughtered. Needless to say, the two new priests up at hero weren't helping matter much.

I think I was as surprised as everyone else, how much of an impact Rhuean developed into. After playing Kraern, putting all that effort into the char, and managing, at best...keeping one angry dwarf at the end of my pike...I felt abit jaded, but after my break as Janroth, and Intronan Imm'ing, I felt ready to come back and play another villager. I had originally planned on being a dagger/spear berserker, follower of Zulglinour, but when I joined the village...again, not a single defender. *glares at the village* So, I swore for about five minutes real life, then picked defender again. Then, legacies had come in, and the idea of being able to bust out ANY spec move...and my apparant masochistic streat...were just too much. So, I tried it...and spent the rest of Rhuean's life wondering...probably as much or more than anyone else...HOW THE HELL I DID SO WELL?!?! I dare anyone now, to say daggers are a crappy spec. I *DARE* you. I could handle just about anyone except invokers (lack of area spell defense sucks), and those who had just *huge* sheer power (Dwoggurd w/ his flurries)...and just a very few at the end who found ways around all my tricks, that I hadn't quite gotten around them myself.

When I got Drillmaster, I was proud, but not overly surprised...I've had a long history of these sort of sub-leader positions, but the title had me hopping around. That alone made my day for Immteraction. Then I had that poor bartender offer me a drink. Never once touched it as Rhuean. I really want to know what that whole "scream" was that I dealt with way back when...I went and solo'ed the Archmage, and got sent to the Nexus...and then nothing happened after I finally killed those two. Figured whichever Imm was doing that had had to go or something. Then having the Destructor compliment Jhalintar and I...and Intronan's vis'ing to back me when I was berating Jhalintar just wow'ed me with the attention Rhuean was getting.

As for interactions with other players...Rhuean was originally a promising officer in the Arial City, betrayed and framed for his superior's murder by mages for political reasons, I was jailed, and finally escaped. I would avoid the Arial City as much as possible, and if I did go, choke/kill any guard I came across. As a youth, filled with his PASSIONs, I was a hot-headed, vengeful person. Near got me killed alot. So he cools off, begins relying on his military training, and becomes this cool tactician. As he grows, and became the Drillmaster he was, I put in a bit of respect to fellow fighters. I never liked group fights, and when I became nasty, Rhuean started giving a great deal of respect to those who would fight him alone. In any of his kills, I only took magical items to be destroyed, and items I needed, leaving my own...and rarely an item I knew another villager needed, or weapons during raids. Hence, being ganged and full looted pissed me off very much.

Well, I suppose on to farewells.

Battle -

Swirzza and Eroek get first mention, old groupmates from back in Febuary/March when I created the character.

Nilushka...one of the better villagers, I think everyone respected you.

Shamus...damn, cat. I agree with just about everyone else in saying...people wanted to like you, but you just had this stick too well lodged in there. Rhuean got a title with his position. That's it. Hell, my fucking legacies didn't even have chunks of their code implemented. Deal.

Sylkorian, Tobeldest, Koogar...some of the older ones. You've all done your bit, and I had a great liking to each of you. As the Raven preaches...there is a time for everything, death as well. When it happens, it happens. You two have left suitable legacies yourselves.
Koogar, you need to see about getting that title back.

Austyn, Rorimac, both of you were solid warriors to bring along to dispense beatings. Was fun.

Sofia...stubborn, and more than a little prideful. Both I and Rhuean had a lot of respect for that, but Rhuean could have beat you over the head at times.

Delebrinduil, you've been through some trials, I think you'll do well. No more "kiss of death" from me. You'll have to find other challenges.

And I know there are many many more, though Rhuean became somewhat aloof to many of the new ones onces he hero'ed...spending so much time off fighting on my own. If you want any comments, say something, and I'll be certain to respond. Spyko, Valarath, Gyasi, Karakanen, etc....keep it up.

Tribunals: Deigreck...was hoping to get into some fights with you. The one we did have was kinda depressing though.

Rocheval...yes, I suppose I broke my word at the end, but I knew I had just one con left...even if I'd been at full, I would have anyways. Do what you must in the war.

Everyone else...don't you hate dagger specs? Heh. Just about all of my flags were either A) pulling into/out of town and not knowing where the yell occurs. Aparantly inside. B) Tribunal walking in JUST as I attack someone. Damnit. Or C) Tribunal getting pissed at not being able to hear yells, and flagging me because "That's the only way the fight could have started". Those pissed me off abit.

Herald: Being banned was annoying. I killed that Inn guard like three times to get in, but it takes too damned long. The idea of a "safe" zone in CF kinda pisses me off. It was the ONLY place I could find certain mages half the time. (You know who you are)

Entropy, dealt with you much.

Sylvan/Maran...temporary allies every now and then, never went much beyond that, Rhuean never felt it needed to. Course, I did abuse Sylvan for help finding my con items. Special thanks to Alysrith for his suggestions.

Warlocks...so few of you, and unfortunately, Warlocks overall seem to be less skilled than Scions...instead of being utterly impossible for me to fight, Quasail as an invoker was just "challenging". Most of the rest...practically never got into a fight. Shila I had nothing but contempt for, and Lardovian was very disgusting. Most of my fights were with him and Lintronea combo, and as I said before...I respected solo fighters...and when you constantly run from that, to come back and gang...that pisses me off.

Nexus: Nydeikon, Thalongrim, Cercanopuno...you three were heavy targets of mine, for the idea of striking at leadership. All three some good fights. Curse thee to the ends of the earth for cursed, lightweight, shocking maces!

Shifters: Fun fights, but as I learned with Janroth....shifters aren't really the most interesting, so few options to choose, the fights become the same.

Is there anything else in nexus? Few healers that were just target practice.

Scions:

Damn you, damn you, damn you. Skilled I wouldn't mind...lots of ganging? *spit*

Dullameh: We had some good fights. I wish I had them logged. Who knew a warrior could actually consistantly stand toe-to-toe with a lich?

Urden: Not the nastiest invoker who ever existed, but you have some flair, which was nice. I'd say show up a bit more, but that's bad for villagers.

Orinah: HERE'S the nasty invoker. I hated you. Utterly and truly. Fine, you won...try not to be a sore winner too.

Dwoggurd: You had me utterly in fear of you for awhile, since when you got prepped during raids, you were unstoppable. A few of our solo fights made me realize yes, you were beatable...but your legacy then made me realize no, I wasn't likely to be able to KILL you off.

Stargher: Another I hated. Little pansy ass, get some guts and fight solo every now and then.

Kalraak: Never thought I'd see a giant with the spec we shared. Our fights were very enjoyable from the sheer versatility of both of us. Damn your new axes.

Alaenyth: Rot sucks. Really. Though, I realize how little else options you had, later on.

Amora: God damn, druid. Get a life, really. Heh. I don't know the entirety of your role, but it seems like you're just reasons to help Scions kill Battle.

Graakur, Lacasia...fellow dagger specs. Were fun fights. Graakur I respected, Lacasia I disliked, though.

Not many others to mention. To any Battle applicants...I apologize for not speaking with you much, but I really was constantly off fighting, re-equipping, or teaching the villagers things if I could. Keep in mind also, my recommendations are going to be hard even if you do get to talk to me. I have higher standards, and as Drillmaster especially, I was very harsh.

Finally, Sofia. You get the last, most special mention. A shame our paths took us the way they did, ever since that first beating I administered to you, then teaching you a few tricks of my own...our taking the other's spec lateron, and fighting villagers who had no damned reason attacking us....I always thought of you as my greatest pupil. A pity Rhuean's ideals of "improving the enemy" got in the way of teaching you more. Though, I think in just fighting everyone, I've improved the enemy a great bit, in their trying to overcome me.

To the Immortals: As I try to say every time now...Thera's great. There's some things I would change, and I try and suggest them when I can...if you do it, great, if not...it's your place, and I can deal with that.

Thror: You're going soft. I haven't seen near the amount of thumping these days. I kinda get this feeling of strain, and just tiredness from you at times. Sorry I was so upset after I played Kraern...I see now you try as much as you can, but there's only so much dwarf to go around.

Intronan: You and I just always seemed to get along. I loved your comments about not many villagers knowing about your leadership...since Kraern was under it...I did know a bit. Still, there was a great deal I didn't know about YOU. Our thinking agrees often, and you seem to be investing a *GREAT* deal of yourself as an Imm. Keep up the good works, but don't burn yourself out. Again...an honor in just about every way...from using your blade in the Rites, to your trust in Rhuean over what you did extend him in your faith, to everything. By the way, you and Thror have <IMM>@carrionfields.com emails? I'll have to send you those defender suggestions, and possibly a few other ideas.

Zulghlinlour: Damn your timing. Didn't even bother trying to pray ever, because you went on vacation, then ended up trying talking to Intronan. Heh, you deserved the vacation though. Thanks for fixing what you've gotten done on these bugs.....I've got a list yet that I'll have to post.

Grumorum: Damn you, dirty little gnome! GET BACK HERE! BAH! Was kinda funny, that time you decided to just appear. Course, Rhuean was more stunned with "Uhm...AND? So?" Needless to say, Rhuean himself wasn't too impressed

Then to any who were part of those interactions I had, and checked out the possible cheatings, and then whatever happened with my role, thanks. Can I post the little idle comments about how interacting with Imms goes depending on your attitude, from that report of cheating I gave? I think those three lines could be valuable.

Now, seems I have a lot of people asking me about the Rites. I knew going into them, that my con could be a serious detriment to my gaining leadership, and I think I'd gotten up enough hopes, that to loose it how I finally did was just crushing. I had plans for what I wanted to do as Commander, and I *REALLY* wanted to be the first defender Commander. (There hasn't been one yet, has there?)

Those Rites were the first I've been in the whole thing, but even then, I'd have to guess they were insanely long. Going two hours without having a chance to buy food kinda depleted my supply, and loosing the Rites that way? Ugh, that hurt. A lot. Especially after the damned tactics Huraz and Karkanen used. Two bastards wouldn't come out and freaking fight. I was ready to find out where Karkanen lived, and go beat him personally, after he blackjacked me when I near had Huraz. Though, after we got him, I suppose it was my own mistake taking Spyko out, but I figured I could handle Huraz again. Then it drug out, and starvation forced me into a final fight with Huraz...and berserkers excel at that. The whole him bloodthirsting, I blinding and fleeing til it wears off and my maledicts can hurt him...then him hiding til he could thirst again...just got damnednably tiring. So, overall, I was definately very disappointed on how it turned out, but when I went in as Drillmaster...anything less than Commander was dissappointing, and that's just how things are at times. Still...even after Huraz was last out, I was *HOPING* Rites of Wisdom parts might have swayed it...ah well.

Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster of Battle

Signing off for the moment, may post later some responses, though I'm curious how many people, if any, had a hunch that this was Kraern behind the wheel.

*Rhuean goes off, looking at the pendulum, deciding which side needs a kick in the arse to set things straight. Warlocks? Sylvan? Tribunal? Hah, I know! Must stop the plague of sickeningly powerful felar sword specs! CHARGE!!!*

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster of ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 14-Jul-02 10:59 PM
Reply Well done,, Zethyr (Guest), 15-Jul-02 06:37 PM, #17
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Taithin, 15-Jul-02 01:28 PM #11
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Thalongrim (Guest), 15-Jul-02 01:46 PM, #12
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Intronan, 15-Jul-02 02:39 PM, #13
Reply Good job, and Tarakh was a defender leader. n/t, Dallevian, 15-Jul-02 03:49 PM, #14
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Dranolian (Guest), 15-Jul-02 04:00 PM, #15
Reply This is a shame., Delebrinduil (Guest), 15-Jul-02 04:08 PM, #16
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Lardovian (Guest), 15-Jul-02 07:34 PM, #18
Reply heh, Karkanen (Guest), 16-Jul-02 04:49 AM, #19
Reply RE: heh, Spyko (Guest), 16-Jul-02 12:17 PM, #21
Reply The rites, Couillard, 17-Jul-02 04:53 AM, #24
     Reply RE: The rites, Karkanen (Guest), 17-Jul-02 06:13 AM, #25
     Reply RE: The rites, Taithin, 17-Jul-02 10:40 AM, #27
          Reply hehe, Karkanen (Guest), 18-Jul-02 02:02 AM, #33
     Reply RE: The rites, HammerSong, 17-Jul-02 07:22 PM, #29
          Reply RE: The rites, Intronan, 17-Jul-02 08:36 PM, #30
          Reply Sorry, Couillard, 17-Jul-02 10:26 PM, #31
          Reply That's funny, Dallevian, 17-Jul-02 11:27 PM, #32
               Reply Ain't that Funny, HammerSong, 18-Jul-02 04:55 AM, #34
                    Reply Hoo, Dallevian, 18-Jul-02 11:05 AM, #35
                    Reply RE: Ain't that Funny, Taithin, 18-Jul-02 07:02 PM, #36
                         Reply RE: Ain't that Funny, Huraz (Guest), 19-Jul-02 11:16 AM, #37
                              Reply RE: Ain't that Funny, HammerSong, 19-Jul-02 12:10 PM, #38
                              Reply *grumbles about sarcasm not conveying through text*, Taithin, 19-Jul-02 01:07 PM, #39
Reply Ahhh, my oldest foe., Urden, 16-Jul-02 07:41 AM, #20
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Kalraak (Guest), 16-Jul-02 03:24 PM, #22
Reply Laters!, Nydeikon (Guest), 16-Jul-02 05:39 PM, #23
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Dwoggurd (Guest), 17-Jul-02 10:10 AM, #26
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Gyasi (Guest), 17-Jul-02 11:31 AM, #28
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Cercanopuno (Guest), 19-Jul-02 05:39 PM, #40
Reply *sighs*, Kaz (Guest), 19-Jul-02 09:56 PM, #41
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Spyko (Guest), 15-Jul-02 01:10 PM, #10
Reply Hey, Rhuean, Graakur (Guest), 15-Jul-02 11:14 AM, #9
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Intronan, 15-Jul-02 06:24 AM, #8
Reply The Title Says it All, HammerSong, 15-Jul-02 05:18 AM, #7
Reply Wow, Theddledim (Guest), 15-Jul-02 04:23 AM, #6
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Huraz (Guest), 15-Jul-02 04:12 AM, #5
Reply said it before, will say again, Abernyte, 15-Jul-02 03:47 AM, #4
Reply Rhuean the Angry Wasp, Daiken (Guest), 15-Jul-02 01:18 AM, #3
Reply RE: (CON) Rhuean the Insightful Tactician, Drillmaster..., Dullameh, 15-Jul-02 01:11 AM, #2
Reply A log from moments after you passed., Valarath (Guest), 14-Jul-02 11:19 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7698 Previous topic | Next topic