Subject: "Sorry about double post, stuff was left out for some reason." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5054
Show all folders

Dru (Guest)Wed 06-Mar-02 02:34 PM

#5061, "Sorry about double post, stuff was left out for some reason."

>The reason of this... yes, I'm russian. I know other
>russians, though I don't sit on IRC, nor reading their
>super-uber-secret forums. But my link to Geramin were enough
>it seems. I've no idea what Drucyrus said (if he did) about
>me, but probably it took a part in it. Pity.
>
>The reason of this... yes, I'm russian. I know other
>russians, though I don't sit on IRC, nor reading their
>super-uber-secret forums. But my link to Geramin were enough
>it seems. I've no idea what Drucyrus said (if he did) about
>me, but probably it took a part in it. Pity.

-I guess I owe you an answer Maelifarau. I know I would want one.-

One of the E-mails I sent to Andy:

Well Andy, I must say I am somewhat disappointed with your generic Immortal
attitude. I thought you were more unique than that, that in retrospect, you
might actually see that I did nothing wrong with Drucyrus.

a.. MULTICHARRING: You may play more than one character, BUT you may only
have
one logged in at a time, AND none of your characters will ever have
knowledge that another of your characters ever exist in ANY way.
YES, this does include children, siblings, spouses. Your characters
CANNOT have ANY knowledge of another, and family relations by
their very definition do.

Did not violate this.

Leaving equipment lying around for your other
characters to pick up later also falls into this category (deleting
and starting a new character with the same name is still a new
character and can't benefit from knowledge/equipment you had before
deleting).

Did not violate this.

You also may not locate objects for your other characters or
recommend your other characters for things they could not possible know
about (cabals, for instance).

Did not violate this. I did not RECOMMEND Sak for Scarab with Drucyrus. In
fact they would never have had anything to do with each other if you did not
tell me to speak to the Flame. I sent Drucyrus Sak's role in the form of a
note. Then a few days later, I told you that I had been INFORMED of Sak's
intent and that he might be worth further examination, inferring that I
wanted YOU to examine him further, I wanted nothing more to do with him
with Drucyrus. It was not an endorsement as you claim. I recommend you take
another look at the note I sent you if you cannot recall it completely. Then
when we were discussing applicants, I mentioned everyone whom I was aware
of. I mentioned Sak in passing only because to ignore him would mean I was
altering Drucyrus' role by purposely not mentioning an applicant which is
something I do not do. Like I said, I do not let the OOC affect how I play
in character.

Now, if you honestly think that I treated Sak any different than any other
applicant with Drucyrus, then there is nothing else for me to say. However,
I still insist that I had done nothing wrong with Drucyrus, i.e. not guilty.
I do however accept the fact that I cheated with Sak by acquiring him from
another and yes, he was rightfully denied, but Drucyrus should have been
left out of it.

-Andy has made it clear that I would use info discussed with with Dru for Sak's benefit. That's fine, I don't blame him (though I was never given a chance to see if I would or not and, for the record, I honestly had no intention of this and we never discussed it for for more than one sentence besides). I don't wish to go down this road all over again, though I am still uncertain where exactly I crossed the line with Dru. Maybe someone can give me a civil response?-

-incidently, Geramin="Igor"-

Geramin: heh i need a huge favor!

Me: Lol

Geramin: anyways there is a scarab aplicant who needs to talk to you and you are
never on

Geramin: thats asihara you spoke to him in his childhopod already

Geramin: scarab sent him to you for your opinion treat him well?

Geramin: i will give you wands!

Geramin: lots of them!

Me: hehe, why's it so important for you?

Geramin: its his 5th necro who is trying to lich

Geramin: i didnt tell him that i know you but i want him to get in to scarab

Me: what level is he?

Geramin: all i need from you is to log in he will speak as soon as see sees you log
out

Geramin: 45

Me: he's the one who tried to lich before but got one item wrong right?

Geramin: Yep

Geramin: you already spoke to him whenm he was like 20

Me: I remember

Me: ok, I'll talk to him,, but I ain't promising anything, if he's a retard,
I'm gonna hammer him, if he knows his #####, then fine, I will be fair.

Geramin: i asm not asking anything only to talk

Some time later:

Me: ok, he just spoke to me

Me: this guys a foreigner isn't he?

Me: #####, I knew it, he can't speak for #####, scarabaeus is gonna eat him alive.

Geramin: he spoke to him already

Geramin: I know and scarabaeus said hedidn;t know what he was talking about

Me: Maelifarau says 'I am not wise, and this is what we have spoken about
with Father.'

Geramin: heh he might be from overseas but hey he had 3 lich quests those are not just given out like that

Geramin: he can't speak well, Scar is bad for guys like that

Geramin: heh how is it?

Geramin: he fucked it up?

Me: kinda, he not knowing a lot, I'm trying to teach him.

(I do this with all applicants who need guidance, so I was being fair to him)

Geramin: heh cool he said he had a good role shrug maybe thats why scarab went easy on him

Me: about your buddy, he didn't do too well though, I had to teach him lots.

Me: I ain't promising anything, I ain't gonna trash him in the note, but I ain't gonna give him flying colors either.

Geramin: alright fair enough

Me: he's gonna have to do the rest on his own, and he's gotta work on his English. Scar is gonna eat him alive. Your buddy is gonna need luck

----So I wrote you (Scarabaeus) a neutral note concerning him (Maelifarau) trying to keep ooc from ic. I spoke to him because you asked me to, not because my friend wanted me to. I was fair about the whole thing cause I hate dishonesty.---

-And this is true Maelifarau. I kept an unbiased opinion of you and tried to help you as I would any applicant, because I knew you needed a bit of direction with the cult. I had no problems there.(I did find it hard to get the meaning of what you were saying at times but I kinda got used to it.) Now, I am aware you have had several lich quests in the past and you did use friends to try and complete them, even let some of them hold some items for you so you would not lose them. So, while it may be true you no longer do the IRC thing much anymore, you certainly did in the past and undoubtedly learned lots from it and had extensive help. Maybe you had no idea Geramin (Mesnek) knew me this time. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and treated you absolutely fairly as I would anyone. All I told Andy in a previous E-mail was to watch you to make sure everything was straight up since you know I hate cheaters and Andy said he would not hold anything against you because of this. Since they were apparently about to give you your quest, I can only assume that this had no deleterious affects on you at all.-

And this is what my "buddy" said to me when we had our falling out. He knew
I hated cheaters and wanted Swist busted so he said this to twist the knife
in my back:

Oh and last statement to piss the hell out of you

Swist came out a wionner from realms of dead

he transfered jeethus 1300 hp set to his new char deleted jeethu

and made some ##### up with *some guy* imms let him go

hahaha

how you feeling there?

I have more stuff but I'm not gonna send it. If you still think these are vague accusations, I'm not gonna waste my breath convincing you. This stuff affects you all now, I couldn't care less now since I am no longer part of CF.

And yes, by all means I am going to reveal all on the official forum. Many people are not going to like it but I would ask that no moderator remove it because it is only the truth and the truth shall set you free, so to speak.

-I decided not to do this and simply posted my farewell as you saw but even that was quickly removed. Then, later, I found out that I was ratted out and decided to let everything be know-

Perhaps we shall speak again Andy, though I am doubtful. Good luck in all your endeavors and may you accomplish all you set out to do.

Farewell, Your Flame, Drucyrus (aka Strohm, Sakariaith)

-So, maybe you are a victim of the Geramin curse as was I. I was trying to get away from the IRC thing and was there only briefly but it was enough to do me in apparently. My five hours on IRC came back to haunt me months later *sigh*. Maybe you were trying to do the same thing as I. I don't know. You may be full of ##### and still a big part of it for all I know. Doesn't matter much to me now and I did give you the benefit of the doubt in how I treated you regardless.

I decided to tell Andy about this because I am pretty sure (from other sources) Geramin, who gave me the invoker, was also the one behind me getting found out and this was part of my coming totally clean. To give someone a "gift" and then rat him out on the "gift" because I got a troll's amulet from the mob is pretty low in my books.

What can we all learn from this? OOC ##### sucks and, if you or any IRC buddy has any conscience at all, someone will eventually come clean leading to a downfall. If everyone is equally and fully corrupt, then the IRC ring can go on indefinitely with no consequences. Sad but true.
i.e.
If you have any honesty in you at all, stay away from OOC ##### altogether because it will ##### you in the end.
If you are an insecure person who likes to cheat to win at all costs at the expense of others, then by all means, OOC is the way to go.

I am not sure why Geramin got denied (though I am apathetic, I no longer care what happens here), but Arolin and others who say he was innocent are obviously friends of him. Yes, it is true that Geramin is an excellent explorer and he finds out the majority of things on his own (the right way), but he does have a lot of help from his friends as well. (I myself went to the silent tower with him before I even knew him OOC (ironically) and he showed me things legitimately.)

Regardless, Geramin has assumed several characters (the invoker he gave me), Merceial he kept himself, Muartharon (fire shaman scion) he also assumed but obviously he got unempowered for roleplay reasons. So never mind the huge passing of OOC things, he has still broken the rules numerous times in other ways. I imagine the biggest problem the Imms have is that others use him to leech info out of him via OOC means and he complies.

And Arolin, don't think you are innocent either. I know you converse with the Russian's intimately and whined about how they needed Strohm to kill Jezzan in Basilica on IRC. Don't you find having four heroes in three opposing cabals a conflict of interest? Did you even hero them all? I am doubtful because someone even pointed out that Crain was a retard when he was younger and then all of a sudden started pulling preps out of his ass like there was no tomorrow. I can't say you assumed any of them but I have my doubts that you heroed them all. If you legitimately played each character for 250 hours+ (i.e. 1000 hours) in less than a year, you might want to invest in other pursuits, you may need a break. I don't really care now anyway, this is all old news.

So, yes it may be true that numerous veterans are leaving CF (myself included) but I don't think this is bad for CF at all. Fresh blood brings a breath of fresh air into what is a stagnating game right now. When you can almost determine who is who in all their incarnations because you have interacted with them so many times in the past, something is wrong. I wish the newbies the best of luck and hope that their thirst for (essential) knowledge doesn't tarnish their experience in CF. There is such a thing as growing up too fast. Ah, the sentiment of newbiedom.

Drucyrus, the Onlooker.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Maelifarau the Spectre, Initiate of the Scarab [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 05-Mar-02 07:15 PM
Reply Summary., Maelifarau, 07-Mar-02 12:47 AM, #28
Reply RE: Summary., Scarabaeus, 07-Mar-02 08:21 AM, #30
Reply The Orc death., Ugly Orc (Guest), 07-Mar-02 09:36 AM, #32
     Reply RE: The Orc death., Mael (Guest), 07-Mar-02 05:23 PM, #37
Reply RE: (DEL) Maelifarau the Spectre, Initiate of the Scar..., Maelifarau, 05-Mar-02 07:39 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Maelifarau the Spectre, Initiate of the Scar..., nepenthe, 05-Mar-02 07:48 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (DEL) Maelifarau the Spectre, Initiate of the Scar..., Maelifarau, 05-Mar-02 08:05 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) Maelifarau the Spectre, Initiate of the Scar..., Valguarnera, 05-Mar-02 08:17 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (DEL) Maelifarau the Spectre, Initiate of the Scar..., Maelifarau, 05-Mar-02 08:32 PM, #9
          Reply RE: (DEL) Maelifarau the Spectre, Initiate of the Scar..., Valguarnera, 05-Mar-02 08:38 PM, #11
               Reply RE: (DEL) Maelifarau the Spectre, Initiate of the Scar..., NastyPope, 05-Mar-02 09:50 PM, #14
     Reply Small edited log enclosed:, nepenthe, 05-Mar-02 08:26 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Small edited log enclosed:, Isildur, 05-Mar-02 10:07 PM, #15
          Reply RE: Small edited log enclosed:, Valguarnera, 06-Mar-02 12:51 AM, #18
     Reply My Opinion..., Cyradia (Guest), 05-Mar-02 08:36 PM, #10
     Reply I'm backup on that one., Boldereth, 05-Mar-02 08:05 PM, #4
     Reply mention, Maelifarau, 05-Mar-02 08:12 PM, #5
          Reply I like being annoying..., Boldereth, 05-Mar-02 08:44 PM, #12
               Reply RE: I like being annoying..., Mael (Guest), 05-Mar-02 09:16 PM, #13
     Reply I got a lich quest in under 100 hours n/t, Cat (Guest), 05-Mar-02 11:36 PM, #17
          Reply I doubt this was in the recent past (n/t), Zulghinlour, 06-Mar-02 03:08 AM, #20
     Reply RE: (DEL) Maelifarau the Spectre, Initiate of the Scar..., Nydeikon (Guest), 05-Mar-02 08:19 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (DEL) Maelifarau the Spectre, Initiate of the Scar..., Fristapholin (Guest), 05-Mar-02 10:09 PM, #16
     Reply *looks around for this IRC thing....*, Kaz (Guest), 06-Mar-02 02:59 AM, #19
     Reply RE: *looks around for this IRC thing....*, Mael (Guest), 06-Mar-02 05:33 PM, #25
     Reply conjurers v necros, Daurwyn (Guest), 06-Mar-02 03:14 AM, #21
     Reply a couple comments, Scarabaeus, 06-Mar-02 08:06 AM, #22
     Reply RE: a couple comments, Mael (Guest), 06-Mar-02 05:39 PM, #26
     Reply RE: (DEL) Maelifarau the Spectre, Initiate of the Scar..., Dru (Guest), 06-Mar-02 02:19 PM, #23
     Reply Sorry about double post, stuff was left out for some re..., Dru (Guest), 06-Mar-02 02:34 PM #24
     Reply RE: Sorry about double post, stuff was left out for som..., ORB, 06-Mar-02 06:06 PM, #27
     Reply RE: Sorry about double post, stuff was left out for som..., Mael (Guest), 07-Mar-02 01:14 AM, #29
          Reply You seem like a decent guy..., Drucyrus (Guest), 07-Mar-02 09:21 AM, #31
               Reply Innocently enough?, Uli (Guest), 07-Mar-02 11:27 AM, #33
                    Reply RE: Innocently enough?, No (Guest), 07-Mar-02 01:53 PM, #34
                         Reply Um..., Dallevian, 07-Mar-02 03:16 PM, #35
                              Reply RE: Um..., No (Guest), 07-Mar-02 04:27 PM, #36
     Reply Dam this reply is laughing at you., Marlek (Guest), 12-Mar-02 07:27 AM, #38
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5054 Previous topic | Next topic