Subject: "RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4670
Show all folders

Nivek (Guest) (Guest)Tue 19-Feb-02 05:57 PM

#4673, "RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade"

Heh, had this note written before I logged on. Tried to buy you some time, Vorzythur. Sorry it didn’t work.

I had a good time with this character. Yeah, it’s my fifth in a string of rangers and looking up at my pk ratio, I never got any better with them as time went on. One would think the opposite, but either I don’t learn from my mistakes or having to look down at the keyboard while typing is just too big a detriment. J

Time to jump ship, but the fact that the Village is losing the Cabal Wars right now is only an indirect reason for that. The main thing is losing wilderness familiarity. I can’t stand it. As a Sylvan, I only encountered the problem three or four times in 700+ hours. Even then, I could justify hiding out in the woods and doing little but getting it back. As a Villager, I felt terrible just sitting there while everyone else was hunting mages, raiding, or whatnot.

When Loborguz died, and the Nexans seemed to perma-team with the Scions, there was less and less time available for me to regain my forestry skills. When I wasn’t retrieving, dying, defending, dying, reclothing, dying, I was trying to climb out of a 71K experience point hole. Two suicides and four deaths from the felar bandit chief with his damned polearm skills really hurt. I don’t consider myself ambitious enough nor skilled enough at this game to pull out of the rut I was in.

As with Varrik, I had no intention of ever gaining any sort of leader position. When Thror put out a missive asking everyone to write to the Village about how they wished to lead and compete in the Rites, I at first didn’t know what to do. I finally decided that since I did not want to be a leader, I wouldn’t write anything. Sorry to disappoint you there, Thror. Bereuht, in his farewell note, hit the nail on the head when he said he probably wouldn’t follow Segroi into battle. I, as a player, wouldn’t follow him either.

I screwed around after I deleted Cronin, had a few lowbies running around, but then decided to try a Villager and see what the war was like from the other side. This was my first one and I enjoyed it immensely. Not being able to use magic was interesting and a good challenge for me as a player. I tried to only fight solo and did a lot of the time, but there were times when I’d fight with others. Seems like every time I did, there would be a ganging rant somewhere IC or OOC. After the shellacking I got in my last few hours, I have no sympathy for them. Ganging will happen. Deal with it. I have no compunction about doing it anymore.

I also made an attempt not to full loot people, but that tendency went down the drain too. Returning to my corpse to find it empty of a water skin and some steaks is pretty damn disheartening. I have no compunction about doing that anymore either. A side thank you to Janroth here. I appreciate the gesture you made.

Thanks to all the Villagers who made it fun: Intronan, Loborguz, Bereuht, Varrik, Penz, Vhenos, Samar, Plehd, Vorzythur, Blasko and whoever I may be forgetting.

Thanks to the enemies I had quality interaction with: Lorak, Kazahando, Krajus, Janroth, Tilaen (well, sort of), Izana (Imana? Scion conjie, something like that) and whoever I may be forgetting.

See you in the fields.

Nivek

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) <BATTLE> Segroi the Keeper of the Glade [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 19-Feb-02 05:56 PM
Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Kazahando, 21-Feb-02 03:13 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, bereuht (Guest), 20-Feb-02 09:35 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) <BATTLE> Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Nivek (Guest) (Guest), 19-Feb-02 05:57 PM #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, tilaen (Guest), 20-Feb-02 07:43 AM, #2
     Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Nivek's brother (Guest), 20-Feb-02 06:06 PM, #5
          Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, tilaen (Guest), 21-Feb-02 10:55 AM, #7
          Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Lorak, 22-Feb-02 05:01 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Intronan, 20-Feb-02 08:30 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) Segroi the Keeper of the Glade, Lorak, 22-Feb-02 05:10 PM, #9
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #4670 Previous topic | Next topic