Subject: "[FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Aemisha the Planewalker, Acolyte of the Golden Sun" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #44456
Show all folders

AemishaSun 08-Jan-06 01:18 AM
Member since 28th Dec 2005
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44456, "[FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Aemisha the Planewalker, Acolyte of the Golden Sun"
Edited on Sun 08-Jan-06 01:29 AM

Well this will show as a rage delete, but I figured it was time. Several firsts for me though, in almost four years of playing.

-First Conjurer

-First Goodie Hero

-First Fortress Member

-First Acolyte

I will say this. A conjurer fortress member has far too little friends. *chuckle* Between Scion, Empire, Battle and Outlander all wishing you were dead, there was always something interesting going on in Aemisha's day.

I enjoyed the character, and I will say that I found conjurer's to be quite a survivable class. I was amazed at the situations I was able to worm away from, and of course there were times I kicked myself for hanging around too long. All in all though, I had fun.

I rolled Aemisha basically to get a feel for the class, and also along the way decided I would give the Fortress a try. I originally had intended to take the path of a Maran, but ultimately decided it best to take the road of an Acolyte. Being an Acolyte without the ability to heal though was shoddy sometimes, and there were instances where I felt a little useless. Especially when the time was close to my servitors getting ready to leave.

I noticed on one occassion I got some sort of "the divine take your experience stuff for your negative actions" thing once when I teleported away from a raid, but I knew how it was going to end, and seeing what transpired I decided it best to get out. Not to mention I was about to lose what I had conjured. Anyhow, I chalked it up to experience and went on about my way.

I was sphere Victory, but never really had an intention of playing a religious angle, and for the most part have decided that I get my kicks out of things other than the divine intervention. So Aemisha went on about her way never really planning become "religious". Instead she wanted to lend a hand where she could and at the same time explore. I did get to explore quite a bit and learned several new and interesting things. Though it seems with every character I have learned a boat load.

Anyhow, fighting mostly with Empire was rough at times. Especially the full looting part. Other than raid situations, Aemisha spent 95% of her time traveling alone. She never ganged, when raids came though it was her and whoever showed up against whoever was there basically. Not once did I type g all corpse, and that tends to be me being myself. I honestly cant even remember the last time I full looted anyone. Anyhow, I'm not knocking it or hating on anyone who did it. I'm just saying its rough. I believe every PK death I had, minus two I lost everything. There were a few fights here and there where I was like, wow, this just is not fair. Sometimes I made it out, sometimes I didn't. *shrug* Part of playing the game though. The only thing I think bothered me, the player, was getting full looted and it ending up in a sect pit for several days until a reboot. Being as most of the stuff I wore was goodie only, and was requestable, I had to wait until a reboot until I could get it again. Seriously, if you are going to full loot it, donate it, sacrafice it, do someting with it, just dont stick it in some non lootable pit please.

Well, I guess I'll get on with the goodbyes.

Fortress:

Man some of you were pro's when it came to dying! I came to the conclusion that a few of you were still somewhat new to CF and it impressed me at the amount of courage you all showed when it came to raiding/retrieving, etc. While I tended to play it "safer" than most of you, there were several of you that charged in fearlessly despite the odds. Granted I located quite a few corpses, its things like this that make you better. I cannot stress the words "unit cohesion" enough to you all though. I know some of you are just head down and charge folks, but please if for nothing other than the sake of your CON gather your forces the best you can and make a plan. Anyhow, good luck to you all and keep on truckin'.

Aarn - The only interaction I had with you was when I prayed that the Lords of Light ease the bloodthirst in the eyes of the Fortress's leader...to which you responded...bah. Heh. I, for some reason, got the idea that Aarn wasn't real keen of Aemisha. Maybe it was just the comment you made in the past about holding battleragers close to you heart that just made me uneasy.

Corrlaan - Heh, I though you had come to lay the smack down on Aemisha when my angel turned on Oqoko and took her last death. Instead you told Aemisha it was not her fault, and instead tried to do what you could to put her corpse where it should be. I enjoyed that little interaction.

Shokai - Saw you about a few times, and you even joked about with a few of us one night across the CB. While I had a sphere under your influence, my playing times did not mesh with yours that well. I tended to play mostly in the morning/afternoon, so I decided pretty early on to not actively seek you as a follower. I still would love to roll something up and follow you though.

Gryshilniar - Man, you were the right pick for Marshall. Everytime you logged on it seemed like things were going to go well. You were levelheaded, smart and knew how to lead. Aemisha would follow you anywhere and under any circumstance, because she believed in your leadership and felt you knew what you were doing.

Alriac - While me, the player, thought your role was very well stuck to and very well played, Aemisha did not like you at all. She felt that calling fellow fortress memebers "farkers", "arses", "ninny" and the several other words you liked to use, was just plain uncalled for. She also looked at you as too bloodthirsty and too much like the ones we fought. In fact there were times she thought your leadership was poor and too over the top and lead to too many people's deaths. But hey, they still followed you and they just kept on dyin'. So well done despite our not seeing eye to eye.

Razhalia - When you lost your voice, it made it hard to communicate with you. I will tell you though, you are selfless and make every attempt to help those that needed it. No matter if you were ranking, off and away exploring or what, you would drop anything to see to the needs of others. This impressed Aemisha, and she always pinned you as the Acolyte that reflected most what an Acolyte should be like. p.s. Stop dying so much.

Austira - I enjoyed being about you as well, we didnt get to interact much, as Aemisha tended to be quite a loner for the most part, but I did like being around you. I sensed something about you that made you come over as jaded from time to time though, but could never quite place a finger on it.

Alright, alright....there are several others of you out there I know I'm not getting to, but I promise you all of you had some sort of impact on Aemisha's life. PLEASE respond and I will reply directly to you. I had no intention of this post being this long, and the work hour is quickly approaching. Thanks to everyone I interacted with, good and bad, its one damn fine place to have fun and always a blast here in the fields. Know I'll be back in some form soon. I haven't quite yet decided on what, but I am coming back. Everyone take care and remember its a game...HAVE FUN.

-Rob, silencedstatik

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic[FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Aemisha the Planewalker, Acolyte o... [View all] , Aemisha, Sun 08-Jan-06 01:18 AM
Reply Heh, good job!, Dinian (Guest), 08-Jan-06 10:45 PM, #18
Reply Not really sure how I came off jaded..., Austira (Guest), 08-Jan-06 03:07 PM, #15
Reply RE: Not really sure how I came off jaded..., Aemisha, 08-Jan-06 04:18 PM, #16
     Reply Not really, in terms of that, since I never played an a..., Austira (Guest), 08-Jan-06 04:30 PM, #17
Reply I really dug the character, so it bothers me to have to..., Vladamir, 08-Jan-06 11:31 AM, #12
Reply Now that I think about it, you're right., Aemisha, 08-Jan-06 12:16 PM, #13
     Reply I just figured I'd point it out nicely, before someone ..., Vladamir, 08-Jan-06 02:39 PM, #14
Reply Geez, things have taken a turn for the worst..., Grysh (Guest), 08-Jan-06 03:54 AM, #7
Reply RE: Geez, things have taken a turn for the worst..., Aemisha, 08-Jan-06 04:46 AM, #8
Reply shyte!, knakilius (Guest), 08-Jan-06 07:39 AM, #10
     Reply RE: shyte!, Aemisha, 08-Jan-06 11:05 AM, #11
Reply RE: [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Aemisha the Planewalker, Acoly..., Erivoran (Guest), 08-Jan-06 03:23 AM, #5
Reply RE: [FORTRESS] [ACOLYTE] Aemisha the Planewalker, Acoly..., Aemisha, 08-Jan-06 03:43 AM, #6
     Reply Thats part of why I asked., Erivoran (Guest), 08-Jan-06 06:56 AM, #9
Reply You made me spam Kaubris' Anchor..., Razmorthin (Guest), 08-Jan-06 02:38 AM, #3
Reply RE: You made me spam Kaubris' Anchor..., Aemisha, 08-Jan-06 02:44 AM, #4
Reply Don't be deleting guys!, Zevsa (Guest), 08-Jan-06 02:03 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Don't be deleting guys!, Aemisha, 08-Jan-06 02:13 AM, #2
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #44456 Previous topic | Next topic