Subject: "A good job." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140227
Show all folders

EinohFri 04-Dec-20 04:32 PM
Member since 06th Aug 2019
6 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#140256, "A good job."

I liked you much, Cedany. The evolution of our discussions and your character were something I greatly enjoyed. Cedany as a character was brilliant and kind, the many positive comments here say as much. That is also what caused your conflict with my religion. Conflict in characters is not a bad thing, and yours lead to discussions, debates, and intense interaction between you and others. So I am glad you strayed a bit from the strongest path, even if it meant you dealt with further struggles.
As Einoh saw it, you were always willing to do good, but struggled to condemn evil. You wanted to please others to such an extent that you would hesitate to do what is right as it might hurt them or their relationship with you. As you no doubt know, morality in Carrion Fields is very different from casual morality. Your straddling that line of pleasantry and righteousness though is what made me like Cedany so much. While it meant you were not likely to receive a tattoo, it made you a wonderful follower who stimulated roleplay from both myself and other followers. And that is a good thing.
While some tend to play cookie-cutter roles, yours felt more fluid. Like interactions with you could influence you, both for good and bad. And that made Cedany feel real. So despite what Einoh may say about your strengths and weaknesses, know that I have nothing but personal praise for what you achieved. There we even times where I noticed you, like with Gaspare or Morius, where I debated the path of unempowerment, yet you always pulled through. Some people struggle with my religion as the expectations for attempting to do what is good are very, very high. But you addressed it as someone who is trying, and evolved into someone who knows that they are a good person. I am glad to have had you as a follower, and whoever you follow next will no doubt feel as lucky. Good luck with whatever you play next.

The painting you gave me, which I saved looking at until you were gone. I hope you don’t mind it shared as I think it is lovely, sincere, and hits true on both my religion and our relationship:
This painting features a familiar lake that is surrounded by a copse. The
crystal clear water has been interrupted by an afternoon thunderstorm. Ripples
have been carefully painted in muted watercolor paint, varying in size and the
amount by which they overlap. Above the lake, puffy clouds have been stippled
onto the canvas and shaded with charcoal. Lightning dances between the clouds to
the left. Bright shafts of electrical energy zigzag between the clouds, depicted
in a blinding cerulean blue that is highlighted with smaller streaks of yellow
and white. To the right of the canvas is a radiant depiction of the sun. Beams
of light shine forth, piercing the clouds to rest upon the lake and treetops.
A note has been painted beneath the lake in a flowing script.
"Lord Einoh,
Ever since the first time you brought me to this lake, I have wondered about it.
Why a lake? And above all else, why is there so much rain? It is undoubtedly the
rainiest place I have seen on Thera. One day, when I brought Skjarl to the lake,
something occurred to me. The perfect surface of the lake is temporary. The
ripples of the rain lend an imperfection to what is otherwise a flawless
surface.
I do not know whether you meant it to be a divine metaphor for the struggles we
encounter when pursuing the path to virtue or whether you just like rain. I
rather hope it is the former, and I have adopted it as my mindset when I visit
this holy place. It reminds me that something can be wonderful and a benefit to
the Light without being perfect. It also reminds me that there is still evil
deep inside me just like the lake has storm clouds above it.
I know I am in no way the perfect adherent. My path is stormier than most, and I
know there are tenets that I have not succeeded in incorporating to the degree a
priestess should. I wished to thank you for not giving up on me and for all the
worry that you show for your followers and the world at large. I cannot imagine
it is easy for you. Maybe that's why you chose this place. In closing, I am most
grateful for your presence in Thera and all you have taught me.
- Cedany"
A magnificent painting is a parchment, made of canvas, and weighs 1 pounds 15 ounces.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Cedany Talandren the Artsy Chronic... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 02-Dec-20 06:10 PM
Reply Some Art Stuff!, Cerys, 02-Dec-20 06:12 PM, #2
Reply Goodbye, dear friends!, Cerys, 02-Dec-20 06:14 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Goodbye, dear friends!, Ariendil (Anonymous), 02-Dec-20 09:21 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Goodbye, dear friends!, Cerys, 03-Dec-20 12:35 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Goodbye, dear friends!, Rarywey (Anonymous), 02-Dec-20 09:56 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Goodbye, dear friends!, Nalasul, 02-Dec-20 10:36 PM, #5
     Reply I'd make a bet she saw places I've never been to, Cointreau, 03-Dec-20 12:02 AM, #7
     Reply Alas, Prim (Anonymous), 02-Dec-20 10:58 PM, #6
     Reply Well, damn..., Itz (Anonymous), 03-Dec-20 12:50 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Well, damn..., Cerys, 03-Dec-20 11:18 AM, #11
     Reply GLWYN! (n/t), Kith (Anonymous), 03-Dec-20 03:56 AM, #9
     Reply A first character, now that's impressive, lasentia, 03-Dec-20 08:47 AM, #10
     Reply RE: A first character, now that's impressive, Cerys, 03-Dec-20 02:29 PM, #14
     Reply Rest well friend, Alendross (Anonymous), 03-Dec-20 11:27 AM, #12
     Reply Goodbye, Neajess (Anonymous), 03-Dec-20 03:28 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Goodbye, Cerys, 03-Dec-20 03:44 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Goodbye, Neajess (Anonymous), 04-Dec-20 11:51 AM, #21
     Reply RE: Goodbye, dear friends!, Derrideigh (Anonymous), 03-Dec-20 04:09 PM, #17
     Reply RE: Goodbye, dear friends!, Maeneekoni (Anonymous), 03-Dec-20 07:06 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Goodbye, dear friends!, Leuoa (Anonymous), 03-Dec-20 09:55 PM, #19
     Reply Still feel bad about those grapes., Birbs (Anonymous), 04-Dec-20 11:23 AM, #20
     Reply Hey girl!, Alisani (Anonymous), 04-Dec-20 01:53 PM, #22
     Reply Your death echoes, Rarywey (Anonymous), 04-Dec-20 02:20 PM, #23
     Reply A good job., Einoh, 04-Dec-20 04:32 PM #24
     Reply RE: A good job., Cerys, 04-Dec-20 06:43 PM, #26
     Reply Cheers!, Whiysdan, 04-Dec-20 04:36 PM, #25
     Reply How absolutely tragic., Morius, 04-Dec-20 08:38 PM, #27
     Reply Parting is such sweet sorrow, Beroxxus, 05-Dec-20 12:01 PM, #28
     Reply RE: Parting is such sweet sorrow, Cerys, 05-Dec-20 01:07 PM, #30
          Reply For what it's worth, I couldn't disagree more., Java, 07-Dec-20 03:33 PM, #31
     Reply What a 1st Character!, Skjarl (Anonymous), 05-Dec-20 12:38 PM, #29
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #140227 Previous topic | Next topic