Subject: "Goodbyes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127408
Show all folders

Gaspare GnazzoMon 14-Mar-16 12:57 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2016
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127433, "Goodbyes"
Edited on Mon 14-Mar-16 01:36 PM

I know I’ve left out a lot of people, but I’ve written about 2,000 words in these two posts. I think that’s enough for now.

If you reply, I’ll make it a point to respond.

First, to everyone, thank you all for 900 hours of free fun. I was floored and amazingly grateful when I won the favorite character challenge early on in this character's life. I always tried to live up to it.

**Immortals**
Thank you all so much for everything you do, and everything you did, behind the scenes and out front.

Raltevio: The single most amazing immortal to interact with in my many years of playing CF on and off. You read my role and brought it to life, and you pulled other characters into my story in the most amazing ways. It was completely inspirational and caused me to pour a lot more heart into Gaspare. This character probably would never have made it past 200 hours if not for you. I saw you putting a lot of effort into helping other characters bring their roles to life in an incredibly personal way, as well. Tons of respect to you - you’re quick, creative and just plain great, and you’re bringing people a lot of joy and CF magic. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope you stick around.

Destuvius: Getting the chance to build the Imperial Hall of the Arts was a huge highlight of this character’s life (and my whole CF “career”). You went way above and beyond in making that happen, and I’m incredibly grateful for the time and effort you invested. You also did a great job of making sure Gaspare knew his place with menacing comments. Thanks for everything!

Umi: Boo yourself And thanks for whatever you did behind the scenes, most notably keeping this rickety old thing running.

Scarabaeus: Always loved our chats. I’m sorry that I didn’t stick around to follow up on our last ones.

Emnon: We had some fun interactions. You're crazy cool. That last proposition had zero chance of happening -- I couldn't bring myself to do that, you sick bastard.

**Empire**
I expected to get Anathed or picked on in Empire from the start. I actually had a back-up plan to gun for a spot in Herald if I got booted from Empire. Instead, by some fluke and other peoples’ failed intrigue, I ended up becoming Emperor in less than 200 hours. But lately I started to feel like I was hogging the throne and causing some stagnation in the cabal. I can’t wait to see who wins the upcoming vote!

Caecilius: We had a great relationship. I won’t say much because you’re still around, but I was never sure if you were the most dangerous, weasley, double-crossing bastard in all of Thera or the most useful, loyal “Legate” an Emperor could ever hope for. Maybe both? I’ve never seen or even heard of a better Shadow Lord. Top notch.

Golthazar: Best recruit ever. Again, I don’t want to say too much because you’re still around and there’s undoubtedly politicking to be done, but I really, really enjoyed running with you. Incredibly competent warrior, amazingly knowledgeable about areas and history, and great roleplay. Also top notch.

Zalgordrax: I really, really liked Zalgordrax. Great roleplay, very skilled. When the coup attempt began, I immediately figured it was you for numerous reasons, and plenty of people ratted you out. But I really didn’t want to anath you. I finally did, though, once too many things started to pile up. I figured that, with all the aggressive schemes you had running, and all the fine lines you were walking, you knew it was a risk or even an inevitability. I wished you would have stuck it out after the anathematization. I knew I never would have gotten you again, and I would have enjoyed the rivalry.

Abelmon: I also really liked Abelmon. Really, most of what I wrote about Zalg applied to Abelmon, too. The anathematization issue here was different, though. You hit a rager in Hamsah in violation of Imperial Law, so I demoted you on the spot. I decided I’d let that stand for a few days and I’d restore you to Dread Lord. No joke - we were literally on our way back to the Palace where I was going to chat with you and then promote you back to Dread Lord when you broke the law in Galadon again, right in front of me, and then tried to argue that what you did was OK. You were very competent, so I didn’t feel like anathing you would be totally picking on you. In fact, I figured it would probably allow you to build your unholy even better. Afterward, I was constantly worried that you'd try to cleave me, but you never did.

Calcabrizzo: Great healer, and outstanding roleplay. Your narration through the Inferno was amazing and totally added to the atmosphere -- and that’s not easy to do in Hell.

Revax: I loved your roleplay, too. Very competent and impressive hell leader. I wish you would have stuck around. We really could have made history.

**Herald**
Daphedee: It was fun being a melodramatic sociopath with you for a while! You were the single most influential character in Gaspare’s life, and not sticking around for your age death is my single biggest regret for this character. Your roleplay was absolutely amazing. Chatting with you helped me flesh out and add depth to this character’s roleplay unlike any character I’ve ever had before. I ended up dreaming up conversations and interactions to have with you while I was driving or when I should have been working. We had such a weird, enjoyable dynamic. If I logged on and you weren’t around, I immediately felt disappointed every time. Thank you so much! I think that right about now, Gaspare is traipsing about the Inferno, the Negative Plane or the Shadow Plane, periodically watching Daphedee from dark places between worlds. He’s probably hoping that her wandering soul will one day find him -- or maybe he’s waiting for her to die so he can jump out and snatch her soul!

Olorqualn: I may owe my lich quest success to you. Thanks!

Whildur: I really felt bad sacrificing you in Hell, but I felt like it suited your hilarious roleplay. Besides, you probably would have died on the 9th Circle anyway.

Renize: Thanks for the face! That was one of my favorite and most novel experiences. I really wish the wanted flag didn’t keep me from the Inn - we would have talked a lot more.

**Tribunal**
Laeden: Good job on sticking to your guns. I got the impression that I was causing you heartburn, though.

Wiglaf: Ugh, I totally didn’t even see you.

**Outlander**
Tanzer: Loved interacting with you. You’re kind of hilarious, and I enjoyed knowing you were watching me from above, waiting to swoop in at a moment of weakness.

Bethanny: You were really bizarre. I really enjoyed performing that fake ritual over you in Ralt’s shrine. Gaspare knew you were insane (I tried to hint that to you) but performed a placebo exorcism of your doll to see how you’d react. You and that one life’s champion shaman, plus your crew, were a thorn in my side for a while. But up until that point, I had trouble amassing more than a few phylacteries at a time before I’d use them up or they’d crumble. All those brawls with you guys got the snowball rolling.

Dionis: You were also really bizarre. I got a kick out of your refusal to acknowledge that Gaspare was undead. It was pretty hilarious.

**Battle**
Grimghal: I absolutely loved your roleplay and your guts. You were incredibly skilled. You and that svirf, was it Shravthar?, were the only two who would consistently bring the fight to me. Thank you a ton for that. My last death was anti-climactic… I absolutely had to go AFK suddenly for about 30 seconds. I got back right in time to see the last two rounds. This is not meant to take away from your victory, though -- I went AFK often and usually nobody ever bothered me because they were wussies. I got bored and complacent. You were courageous and fun-loving enough to constantly be aggressive. There were plenty of times I *could* have been killed, but nobody had the stones to do it. Except you. I hope you didn’t feel bad when you saw the rage-delete echo - there was no rage, only relief. Thanks for being a great enemy. Nothing but props and admiration to you.

Melnoch/Bicthel(?) Man, I took a bunch of precautions to make sure that double-cranial situation would never repeat. That was just plain nasty. If it makes you feel better, I only had like five phylacteries in my robe at the time, so getting the ones in the girdle sac’d really stung. When I got you both on Eastern right after I unghosted

**Scarab**
Jeede: Man, I’m sorry. I really wanted to see our plan to fruition, but I had a hard time lining things up time-wise and I just got impatient. You’re a great roleplayer, and tough as nails.

**Nexus**
Parandalia: We had some great times and fun fights. Thanks!

Dundlin: Maaan, I liked you so much! Wish I saw more of you.

Again, if you're not listed, it isn't because I don't love you. Please respond, and post logs - RP, PK, OOC meltdowns, whatever - if you can, since I have (almost) none.

Thanks!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gaspare Gnazzo the Painted Swind... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 14-Mar-16 07:04 PM
Reply Hello Gaspare,, Tsunami, 16-Mar-16 02:51 AM, #57
Reply To be fair,, Tsunami, 16-Mar-16 09:09 AM, #60
Reply Wow. Next time try a little RP, dude. n/t, Doof, 15-Mar-16 07:50 PM, #55
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gaspare Gnazzo the Painted S..., Demos, 14-Mar-16 05:27 PM, #39
Reply I hardly knew you, Melissa (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 02:20 PM, #30
Reply i believe lich bonus + phylactery, Dallevian, 14-Mar-16 02:49 PM, #32
Reply "...if this time will be the last", Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:30 PM, #22
Reply Goodbyes, Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:36 PM #23
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Lathlaeril, 14-Mar-16 01:33 PM, #29
Reply RE: Goodbyes, TJHuron, 14-Mar-16 02:25 PM, #31
Reply Yeah. That was tricky., Raltevio, 14-Mar-16 03:01 PM, #34
     Reply RE: Yeah. That was tricky., TJHuron, 14-Mar-16 10:15 PM, #43
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Dundlin (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 04:29 PM, #37
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Varnon (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 06:58 PM, #40
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Gaspare Gnazzo, 15-Mar-16 03:18 PM, #49
Reply Curiousity: did my presents make it over to you?, Nuerria (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 07:07 PM, #41
Reply They did., Raltevio, 16-Mar-16 04:22 AM, #58
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Imperial Bible Basher (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 09:26 PM, #42
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Aaoltha (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 11:39 PM, #44
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Renize (Anonymous), 15-Mar-16 03:35 AM, #45
Reply Very impressive character, Sanshia (Anonymous), 15-Mar-16 07:35 AM, #46
Reply You clearly held back a lot., Laeden Leech (Anonymous), 15-Mar-16 02:09 PM, #47
Reply Excellent character. , Emnon, 15-Mar-16 06:10 PM, #54
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Caecilius (Anonymous), 16-Mar-16 12:36 AM, #56
Reply Sorry I never got to see the RP...., Bilgritik (Anonymous), 16-Mar-16 06:58 PM, #61
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Lithodora (Anonymous), 16-Mar-16 08:33 PM, #62
Reply I hated you, Adira (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 03:52 PM, #35
Reply RE: I hated you, Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 04:32 PM, #38
Reply If I had a second hat, I would tip that one as well., Gaplemo, 14-Mar-16 04:04 PM, #36
Reply Oh yeah, out of curiousity what were you thinking when ..., KoeKhaos, 16-Mar-16 06:50 AM, #59
Reply Absolutely Top Notch Character, Tanzer (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 08:11 AM, #19
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Gaspare Gnazzo the Painted S..., Imperial Bible Basher (Anonymous), 14-Mar-16 06:24 AM, #17
Reply As much as I loved the character, Kstatida, 14-Mar-16 01:41 AM, #14
Reply RE: As much as I loved the character, Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:19 PM, #24
     Reply I thought that in terms of character progression, Kstatida, 14-Mar-16 03:00 PM, #33
          Reply Lennon vs. McCartney, Gaspare Gnazzo, 15-Mar-16 03:10 PM, #48
               Reply Grime David Snotman n/t, Homard, 15-Mar-16 03:19 PM, #50
               Reply Ha! n/t, Gaspare Gnazzo, 15-Mar-16 03:20 PM, #51
               Reply I don't know man. Your kill on Gyrdiandaan was pretty ..., TMNS, 15-Mar-16 04:05 PM, #52
               Reply Yeah I get the feeling, Kstatida, 15-Mar-16 05:18 PM, #53
Reply Fantastic all around. Well done, and plz come back. Nt, k-b, 13-Mar-16 08:51 PM, #12
Reply Thanks for making the game better while you were around, Destuvius, 13-Mar-16 06:26 PM, #10
Reply RE: Thanks for making the game better while you were ar..., Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:20 PM, #25
     Reply Certainly, send em at your convenience. nt, Destuvius, 14-Mar-16 01:24 PM, #26
Reply Really enjoyed your RP as Symina and Izana., KoeKhaos, 13-Mar-16 06:16 PM, #9
Reply you seemed very bored of late, Dallevian, 13-Mar-16 06:09 PM, #7
Reply That log would be a fun one., Raltevio, 13-Mar-16 06:15 PM, #8
     Reply log link, Dallevian, 13-Mar-16 07:01 PM, #11
          Reply Yeah.. that was fun to watch., Raltevio, 14-Mar-16 01:06 AM, #13
               Reply He ate a loot but this isn't naked, KaguMaru, 14-Mar-16 04:52 AM, #15
               Reply One of the flaws of Immortals actually being mortal. , Lhydia, 14-Mar-16 05:52 AM, #16
               Reply Where is the like button on this forum? nt, Destuvius, 14-Mar-16 06:25 AM, #18
               Reply Okay., Raltevio, 14-Mar-16 12:11 PM, #21
                    Reply RE: Okay., Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:27 PM, #28
               Reply 1: yes 2: he got everything back, Dallevian, 14-Mar-16 09:03 AM, #20
Reply Awesome. Just awesome. , TMNS, 13-Mar-16 05:36 PM, #6
Reply RE: Awesome. Just awesome. , Gaspare Gnazzo, 14-Mar-16 01:26 PM, #27
Reply ####. nt, Jeede,. (Anonymous), 13-Mar-16 04:03 PM, #5
Reply Really loved this character., Raltevio, 13-Mar-16 03:00 PM, #4
Reply Did you make an unholy pact with yourself to delete aft..., SPN, 13-Mar-16 01:31 PM, #3
Reply Boo. (nt), Umiron, 13-Mar-16 01:25 PM, #2
Reply <3, Daph-e-dee (Anonymous), 13-Mar-16 01:17 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127408 Previous topic | Next topic